Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

"Reynolds Wrap" alternatives?
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
What products are available for replacing/restoring the, what's been commonly labeled, "Reynolds Wrap" aluminum foil trim found on '56 Patricians? Are any available as sheet stock, ie: not pre-cut? Am looking for a silver aluminum metal foil for the side trim insert on my '58 Chrysler which is very similar to the Patrician stuff... thanks in advance for any info.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 12:05
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print 

Re: "Reynolds Wrap" alternatives?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Could be wrong but I think the Packard item is stainless steel rather than aluminum.

Here is a place with some interesting patterns that might have something to offer.http://www.frigodesign.com/patterns_finishes/ Their embossed pattern "vertical stripe" looks a lot like the Packard item when the paint has worn off.

It appears they will sell smaller quantities to "regular" folks so click on the "sheet goods" tab to see their prices and size offerings. 20 gauge looks to be the thinnest available so maybe too thick for auto use.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 12:46
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Howard,

is there anything you can't find?? nice job!

Posted on: 2014/1/23 21:10
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

cli55er wrote:
Howard,

is there anything you can't find?? nice job!

I don't know about that. Plenty of things I've looked for without success. It would be interesting to see if that stainless would work or at least be close. The place is in New York state and they may even have a showroom. If it isn't too far away, maybe Randerson could drive over with a piece of the original and see how they compare. Maybe they could even make it out of thinner material than 20 ga.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 21:30
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Thanks Howard... that stuff looks interesting, the narrow vertical stripe might look quite good if pieces are large enough to be able to be run it in a horizontal orientation along the sides. Believe you're right about stainless, it's been a long time since I had a '56 Pat; the Clipper was only a couple of years ago. Some Furys and Fords, along with a few others, had similar panels, in aluminum in their case, in the 50s, but would need large pieces to cut it from, if the right stuff exists.
Will look into this, again thanks!

Posted on: 2014/1/24 14:46
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
or the mile long roll of striping tape.......

Posted on: 2014/1/31 17:12
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved