Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 130

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cormorant Wings
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Sam Sargent
See User information
OK, it's finally time for chrome and I need to remove the wings from my 23rd series Cormorant and I'm concerned about any "irreversible adjustments" I might make.

Does anyone have any experience or pointers on removing, chroming and replacing the wings?

Thanks!

-Sam

Attach file:

jpg  (4.17 KB)
3861_52e3f1fedb479.jpg 172X166 px

Posted on: 2014/1/25 12:20
1950 Eight Deluxe -2362-
Registry
 Top  Print 

Re: Cormorant Wings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just remove the bird and base from the hood, remove the bird from the base, and remove the wedge (should be made of lead) from the underside of the bird that holds the wings. Replate the wings, and reinstall. If you loose the lead wedge, a wooden golf tee works well.

Posted on: 2014/1/25 14:28
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Sam Sargent
See User information
Thanks Owen,

I saw the wedge and it looks like it has reverse teeth holding it in. I placed a L-hook behind it but was a little hesitant to pull too hard. Any special type tool, or since it's lead could it be melted without damaging the bird?

Posted on: 2014/1/25 14:39
1950 Eight Deluxe -2362-
Registry
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nothing drastic like melting, please! Just tug a bit, lead is soft. You could also carefully drill a hole in it to weaken it, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Posted on: 2014/1/25 15:42
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved