Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Vesiapina's 1955 Packard 400 from Finland
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Thanks for the info!

I will contact Emblemagic for the emblems, although it seem the V parts aren't included. I guess Kevin won't sell the V's only?

Here's something I found interesting. We took the rear seat out and when we checked under it, this was hanging in there! So I guess that tells when the seats were made and where?

Resized Image

I also took a picture of the ID plate. The code is 5587-1555. Does the 1555 mean it's the 555th Packard that came out from the factory?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/4/29 15:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The first production 1955 Patrician is serial number 1001. I would guess that the first 400 was numbered 1001. Here is a photo of the number plate. Note that it is the 1954 version and differs from your later plate.

Attach file:

jpg  (43.23 KB)
565_53601ac10abf4.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/4/29 16:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Vesiapina:

As the owner of a 1955 Clipper Constellation (which is about as close to a '55 400 as possible, apologies to Patrician owners), your love of this wonderful car is completely understandable. You have the makings of a great car there and I look forward to reading more threads as you proceed.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/4/29 16:53
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Thank you for your kind words Craig! :)

Quote:

Vesiapina wrote:
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
It appears that you have taped the stainless above the rear window. May I respectfully suggest that you remove the stainless? It is not as bad as it looks and you will get a better paint job. I did this on my 56 400.

Yes you may and thanks for your advice. We have to think about it once more. I'm just afraid it gets bent or broken.

Is the upper stainless held by screws or by the window seal?

Posted on: 2014/5/1 4:56
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Emblemagic don't have them available. If I order them now I could get them for November. That's a long time to wait. Anywhere else I could get them? They can be new or used. :)

Posted on: 2014/5/3 6:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Have you looked at the body section of the service manual for help with the trim removal on the windshield?
https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/servicemanual5556/Sect19_Body.pdf

Posted on: 2014/5/3 9:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Vesiapina wrote:
Emblemagic don't have them available. If I order them now I could get them for November. That's a long time to wait. Anywhere else I could get them? They can be new or used. :)

Did you check out the ones KevinAZ is offering?https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=143425#forumpost143425

Posted on: 2014/5/3 10:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
I did. I'm still thinking what to do with my limited budget. :)

A new question. Does anyone know how to trace the history of my car. I'm a history freak and I would love to know who bought it first and who sold it and where. I know the last licence plate number for the car was HRW 203. The other plate has 62 stamped to it and the other one reads 2002 N 4938200. They are California plates. Is there a way to get info about my car with them?

Posted on: 2014/5/11 8:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Is the area behind the headlight bezels supposed to be white in all cases no matter what color combination my car has? Or should I paint them in Moonstone? If not, what white should be used?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/6/17 12:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
If you are talking about the stainless trim, the stripes under the headlight for all 55 seniors have white in the recesses.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 15:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved