Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 195

Aiden, William Grosz, cooldude980, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Torsion level pamphlet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Sorry to be jumping in late on this one--that video was made by Russ Cramer, a great guy in the local PAC chapter (Motor City Packards) He and Packards1 (that's him near the end when Bill is backing out the rusty Patrician) went over to Bill's home in Grosse Pointe and just got him talking about T-L. It isn't scripted, it isn't a History Channel quality documentary, but Russ had the forethought to go to Bill and video him talking about T-L in one way or another, and now that Bill has passed on, it is a valuable record of who Bill Allision was and waht he did, and the only record of Bill. I knew Bill, and he was a brilliant man, a mind that never stopped working.
I bought the video when it was only available on VHS. In the film there is a short bit where they dive the Patrician to a spot on Lakeshore Drive in Grosse Pointe (old money area next to Detroit) and several men get out of the car, it does what it is supposed to do and one of the guys climbs up on the back bumper. Bill said in his narration "there's Wally McCoskey climbing on the back bumper to show the leveling system". I about flipped, I knew (and still know) Walt McCoskey, I just didn't know that he was once young! I got Walt a copy of that video and he has treasured it ever since. Walt tells great John DeLorean @ Packard stories.
"Safe Road Ahead" is amusing. I would love to find that scale model of a V-8 chasis used in that film at a garage sale one day!

Posted on: 2008/9/4 21:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Torsion level pamphlet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I purchased the DVD from Dwight Heinmuller and LOVED it. I loaned it to my buddy Ron and will retrieve it next time I go near Zelionople. ACOlds, I will loan it to you and I know you will enjoy it.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 23:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved