Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 107

29tons, pmhowe, Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Oil canister Gasket
Home away from home
Home away from home

55 NC Clipper
See User information
Hello, does anyone know where to get one of these or a cross reference.

Thanks
Bill

Posted on: 2014/5/9 17:05
 Top  Print 

Re: Oil canister Gasket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Not sure I understand the question. If the oil canister referred to is the partial flow oil filter, then you get one or even two gaskets when you buy the filter. If you are referencing something else, please explain.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 17:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
An industrial supply place might have them or you could buy a piece of gasket material and cut your own.

You could try an auto supply store but doubt they have them, separate from the filter.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 19:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55 NC Clipper
See User information
Yes, sorry it is for the cap of where the oil filter goes. I did not get one in the box when I received it.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 20:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the xref, the 55-56 Napa filter is a 1006. Dimensions given for the gasket that comes with that filter is: ID 4.3"; OD 4.736"; and a thickness of .072. A quick measure of a filter gasket I have with a new filter would agree.

Napa has the single round gaskets in many sizes but I don't see the exact one in the size mentioned as accompanying the filter. Another question would be if the local store would have something close in stock. If not and the freight to have it shipped is higher than the cost of a new complete filter it might be money ahead to just buy a new filter. With care the gasket that comes with that one might be reusable again for the next change and you could use the extra filter at that time.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 20:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
When I have purchased the NAPA 1006 it has always come with two different gaskets.

Good idea to check when acquiring.....

Posted on: 2014/5/9 22:12
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I bought a case (12) of filters because I use one a year on Best Other. About the third or fourth year I found an empty box. Someone stole one out of the case - nothing to do that late in the game, but I would go back to the store and demand a gasket for the one you didn't get.

Posted on: 2014/5/10 0:38
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved