Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 57

Ozstatman, Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

928S Carb - Where to get parts?
Just popping in
Just popping in

600miles
See User information
I bought a Daytona carb kit but it doesn't include the brass parts which wear out. To me the metering needles look worn. One of my low speed jets is bent. Is the metering rod arm supposed to be round inside or have a flat like the pump arm? My coil housing gasket is cracked and is not in the kit....

I have photos of all my parts in question but looked like I could only upload one picture.

I have 2 of these carbs. One is on the car and runs but looks like it would start a fire at any time - dried out and cracked gaskets etc. And this spare which I will rebuild.

Miles

Attach file:

jpg  (12.93 KB)
31076_53782d58c14dd.jpg 792X182 px

Posted on: 2014/5/17 22:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 928S Carb - Where to get parts?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
They look serviceable to me. The "steps" in the diameter of the metering rod are deliberate; they vary the effective aperture of the jet depending on road speed and demand placed on the engine. Metering rods and jets and not normal service parts provided in a kit as they are not normally subject to wear.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 6:05
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

600miles
See User information
What about this part? Is it supposed to have a flat at the bottom or have the round hole?

Attach file:

jpg  (23.99 KB)
31076_53795dc86f5c7.jpg 572X648 px

Posted on: 2014/5/18 20:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I have photos of all my parts in question but looked like I could only upload one picture.

No help on your question about the part but on the photos, you can only select one at a time but after that selection and clicking the "attach file" button you can go back and select another photo and click the attach file button again and again. There may be a maximum number of attachments but looking at some of the posts, don't believe anyone has reached it.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 20:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
That arm is to rotate on the shaft for adjustment so does not have a flat.

Agree with Owen--have never needed to replace a metering rod unless an idiot was in the carb before me. As to your bent jet(?), I am pretty sure Daytona can supply one or you can straighten yours as long as it is not crushed. If the choke housing gasket is missing then I'm sure it is an oversight as their kits are quite complete in my experience. If I recall, some kits have a gasket there, others have just an O-ring to seal the vacuum port at that junction. If you mean the gasket just under the thermostatic coil, some kits have a disc with a slot, and some just have a flat ring gasket. Either one is OK.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 21:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved