Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 76

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chrome bumpers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
I need my bumpers re chromed on my 53 patrician . No one is Oklahoma City does big stuff anymore. They are redoing all the small stuff, but won't touch the bumpers.

Posted on: 2014/5/26 17:36
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: Chrome bumpers
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Have not used them personally, but know of many good comments of Speed & Sport in Texas. Don't know how far they are from you.

Posted on: 2014/5/26 17:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
Talked to Speed shop yesterday. $550 per bumper.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 5:53
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Might try Hanlon- ph 8042332021-several years ago they did a bumper ~$400. I shipped it ups~$35.
They are all expensive due to enviromental regulations.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 7:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Might try Bumper Boyz in CA. They go around to all the car shows and often have rechromed in stock or will pick up/drop off yours at a show to save freight. They seemed very reasonable, parts looked good. They have a listing of in-stock Packard items.
There's another shop specializing in bumpers, tricityplating, in TN. (tricityplating.com) I'm thinking of using them when I get done customizing mine. They're only a few hours from here, so I can avoid shipping large objects.
I've been using Advanced Plating in Nashville for all the trim and so far, they've been excellent, show quality, and very reasonable. Turn around time is variable. I just shipped off the last 14 parts Tues.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 15:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Suggestion - before you ship your bumper, be sure to take numerous photos of both the front and back side. I have had two instances of bumper shops giving me a Ford or Chevy bumper instead of the Packard bumper I gave them.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 16:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quality Plating in sterling Illinois. Ask for Gary Schultz (owner). Just had my front, dagmars and a very battered lower grill sheet metal done for $1100.

Gary is very knowledgeable and helpful as well as being pleasant.

Done several 50s cars in Chicago area that I know about.

Well thought of.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 17:53
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packard666
See User information
I use Van Nuys Plating in Van Nuys, CA for all my chrome plating, stainless polishing, potmetal, and cadmium. They're not cheap but EPA compliant. Pull up their web site and ask for owner Linda.

Posted on: 2014/6/2 14:02
1948 Station Sedan
1948 Custom 2 Door Club Sedan
1953 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
Bumper Boyz are very good for bumpers. If you have anything else you want to do along with your bumper, though, Vernes Chrome is the one I would recommend and use myself. They are the folks all the LA-area restoration shops use. They are mid-range when it comes to price but top-notch when it comes to quality. Yes, there are cheaper folks out there, and to be honest, bumpers are easy compared to pieces with intricate detail, but bad chrome guys can RUIN a piece. Vernes does the job right.

Chrome plating is mostly about the guy running the buffing wheel. You want experience and meticulous attention to detail.

Vernes Chrome Plating
1559 W. El Segundo Boulevard
Gardena, California 90249
323-754-4126

They have a huge collection of rechromed bumpers in stock as well, so they may be able to do an exchange with you to shorten the amount of waiting time...

Posted on: 2014/6/2 19:57
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved