Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 207

moodydavid16, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fun With Braided Loom
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
What is the trick to getting the braided loom over the condenser wire and coil cable? I'm trying to get the cloth loom over new wire and cable - it's sort of a Chinese finger affair and its making me crazy. Thanks.
Mark

Posted on: 2014/5/30 15:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Fun With Braided Loom
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do or cover but like the Chinese fingers, typically woven looms that are capable of changing size will expand diameter slightly if the length is compressed and will tighten down if pulled on or lengthened.

Out of curiosity, is it empty loom or what kind of loom are you trying to install? The braided cover that is machine woven over the old type wire harnesses probably will not change much in size to allow any extra wires. If it is the cloth covered wire you are trying to insert, there is a lot of friction to deal with so that will also be a factor. You would almost have to pull something out so new could replace it and the wires may be wrapped around one another in the harness and impossible to pull..

Posted on: 2014/5/30 16:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Fun With Braided Loom
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'm confused, too.
Mark, perhaps if you'd post a picture or two of what you're doing.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 16:37
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved