Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 151

BigKev, Don B, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Floor pans
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Shane
See User information
Anyone know where to get floor pans for my 1948 2202. All I can find is pans for a 2 door, and they are to short, I have called C2C, kaner, and class 4U and no one has, do I give up and make due...
I found all parts, but front and rear pans, wish I could just get the whole pan...

Thanks for any help,

Posted on: 2014/6/9 19:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Floor pans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I see a few options. Buy a donor car w/ good floors, make them or have someone make, or just repair the bad areas with patches. You have to use the proper gauge metal and roll the ribs in the pans for rigidity, if you make them. I see too many people use thin flat stock/anything they can get their hands on, license plates, sheet metal screws, bondo, etc. and then they get the oil can sound and it won't last.
Just about any vehicle that has sat a long time on dirt, tires allowed to go down, and weatherstrip/glass damage won't have good floors.
This idea that all cars after a certain point of deterioration need "restoration" is a for TV concept like barn find. The likely thing you'll find in a barn is some form of manure.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 20:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
There are hundreds of floor pans for various cars. You should be able to find one that is close. They do not have to be an exact fit, they must be trimmed to size and welded in anyway. You may not get every dip and strengthening rib exactly the same but you should be able to get a perfectly serviceable floor.

Posted on: 2014/6/13 23:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Are you sure you C2C can't get you the sheet metal that you need? I just looked at their website and they currently list front and rear pans (both L and R) for '48 to '50 touring sedans. See the link here.

Posted on: 2014/6/14 21:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved