Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 109

29tons, John Sauser, kevinpackard, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: The Stripper Clipper (1955 Panama)
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Yes Don, the work seems well though they do not offer a plating service for the non alum bits. If this Tuna boat were headed for Pebble, only then might that be an issue. Given the choice of spending money in NY or OR...well OR is one of my spiritual homes

Posted on: 2016/9/9 22:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Wow.
There is one tank of gas through the new Edelbrock AFB carb and I should have done this earlier! It runs great when cold, when hot, and pulls smooth until I run out of cam. (Or carb, it's hard to tell) There is a reason why the AFB was so ubiquitous under the hood in the 60's. The Rochester 4 Jet & the Carter both had huge lean bogs in them which lead to poor acceleration.
I will revisit the restored Carter as it is correct for the car and will try to fix it, it seems doubtful to me that a little head porting & bowl work along with some reduction in exhaust back pressure would be enough to suck this much wind?
The big news is that I have swung a deal to buy what I consider to be my first real "significant" car and the Clipper will need to go down the road.
More on the "Dream car" after things are finalized but if you know someone looking for a great driver grade V8 car for realistic money...Stay tuned as I am working on what I hope to be this car's final punch list.

Posted on: 2016/10/12 17:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Which Edelbrock did you use and was it pure bolt on or were any additional adapter plates or changes needed?

Posted on: 2016/10/12 17:39
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Model 1406 which has an electric choke. Throttle plates will not clear a stock intake manifold so I currently have a 1/4 stack of gaskets for "R&D" purposes. :)

Posted on: 2016/10/12 19:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Wow, long time, no update... Tried some things with the WCFB, it's back on and ready to go but the new battery will not hold a charge. I was thinking I had a electrical draw with the car but this may not be the case.
Saturday is our club "dustoff" so it's time to burn the gunk out and hang a "for sale" sign.

Posted on: 2017/5/16 9:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Cheese & Rice
After revisiting this blog, I had almost forgotten all the times this car has crapped on me. I still need to replace the vent cable for the right side/heater but I have the gas tank out of it again and going through the whole fuel system due to recent fuel delivery issues. This after a trunk hinge rivet pulled loose on me a couple of weeks ago, this is apparently fairly common? At least the carb is finally dialed in like a Swiss watch (I had to go over somebody else's work 2 more time but I got it :) That and Saturday's trips were a pleasure with even better weather. Almost a full step forward...

Posted on: 2017/8/7 21:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Been a year since I updated?? Been a rather trouble free couple of thou. Torsion leveler works now but does not self level all the time, at least the components are viable.
Something for the next owner to sort out.
The great thing about manual steering? You do not loose feel of the front tires @ 80 like my old Pontiac

Posted on: 2018/7/19 21:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Sold the car last month, went to the Houston, TX area.

Posted on: 2021/12/11 19:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
64avanti, it's been a pleasure to follow the Stripper Clipper for a couple of years.

Posted on: 2021/12/12 8:45
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved