Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: new tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Haven't had Attendants in Australia for - I dunno - maybe 25 years. Once or twice garages have provided one but with the petrol price wars we have, they soon reassign them to do some other more profitable jobs.

If I ever see another Attendant I'll take a photo and send it to the Museum to be displayed alongside Piltdown Man or Homo Erectus . . . .

Here you DIY and then you smile as they take your dollars (- a LOT of dollars!). Then you tell them their tire inflater hasn't worked for a month. And you hope they'll say "Thank You". Isn't progress wonderful?

Posted on: 2014/6/30 18:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Got the car back today. The tank is in and doesn't seem to have any issues with restrictions.

When I got it back it showed about 1/8 full, so I immediately filled it....with 12 gallons. In the past the gas gauge was accurate, so I will be watching it. When full it shows full. This is with the new sender.

This time there were some distributor issues, most of which seem ironed out.

I do need a new vacuum advance, which may be the most overpriced item on the car. Any suggestions about where to go on that would be appreciated....

Other than that it runs beautifully; the air is fantastic and the motor runs cool....

Posted on: 2014/7/1 16:22
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
The vacuum advance is easy to repair on your own. I did it myself.... Somewhere in my blog.

Posted on: 2014/7/1 20:00
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Having seen the results of my mechanical intuition and skill set, and bearing in mind that the car runs well right now, I don't see myself touching it.

I'm assuming an NOS part would be borderline silly; that the diaphragm material would not be improved by a nearly 60 year sit....

Anyone for a particular rebuilder?

Posted on: 2014/7/1 21:51
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Yes, try Google!

Posted on: 2014/7/2 6:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
bought one from Max. Terrill Mach rebuilds them. I did not want to wait on rebuild time-thus Max

Posted on: 2014/7/2 7:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Pat, Max and Kanter add a core charge to the price of their rebuilt units. I would shop around for the least expensive. They both offer good service and are quick to credit your credit card account when the old unit is returned. Be sure to specify whether your vacuum advance chamber is a Delco or Auto Lite. Yours should be a Delco unless the distributor was changed to an Auto Lite unit. You will find a nice increase in performance and probably a cooler running engine once the rebuilt chamber is installed.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/2 12:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
I would not deem using a NOS nor a NORS vacuum advance as borderline silly, we use them in our own cars. We sell NOS and NORS as well as rebuilt for all makes and models 1936-up. Selling very few rebuilts as we have an extensive stock of NOS. Each and every one is inspected to ensure that there are no vacuum leaks. We have sold many over the years to customers and have used them in our restoration shop and have had no failures.

Posted on: 2014/7/2 14:34
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved