Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: would this supercharger fit my clipper 352cid
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
The 57 Packard supercharger manual states the pressure of a maximum of approximately 5 lbs at discharge throat with a drop of 1 to 1 1/2 lbs will occur at the carburetor therefore the pressure reading taken at manifold will be within the range of 3 to 4 lbs.
My personal experience is that you can feel the difference in the seat of pants when driving a supercharged versus a non supercharged engine. with everything else remaining the same in the car.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 11:34
 Top  Print 

Re: would this supercharger fit my clipper 352cid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
Assuming atmospheric pressure of 14 PSI an additional 5PSI should increase breathing about 1/3

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there always is.

FWIW, the new Edelbrock catalog just arrived yesterday. They have a 350" SBC crate engine which makes 435hp. Same engine with a 5# boost supercharger makes 507hp. This is a 16.5%hp increase, not 33.3%.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2009/3/19 10:40
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved