Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 248

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

E-bay Scammer
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi all

There is currently a listing for a 55 Caribbean on E-Bay (Item number: 220280028918)

The scammer is using the the same pics for a listing that ended in a sale back in May 2008.

The car was sold and shipped to Australia.

I have registered a complaint into E-Bay, hope you do also.

Posted on: 2008/9/11 10:12
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print   

Re: E-bay Scammer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Have to agree SCAM , notice he wants you to contact him only through an email address outside of ebay.
From what I've heard from other sources Ebay will be very slow (if ever) to respond. Hopefully I will be surprised and Ebay will take action.

Posted on: 2008/9/11 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
I don't know about anyone else's experience but my experiences in complaints with e-bay scams and false adds is very prompt action was taken with those sites.

Bill

Posted on: 2008/9/11 10:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
11:00am CST, just submitted another complaint on this site,

Posted on: 2008/9/11 11:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Question,
If not a scam then why is it not sold, says Buy Now For $9500.00, one bid submitted for $9500.00 which is buy now offer?

Posted on: 2008/9/11 13:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Maybe the bidder didn't contact the seller via his non Ebay email address (another scam ploy). It would be nice to be able to contact the bidder and warn him.

Posted on: 2008/9/11 14:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No reason at this point to think it's a scam, more likely just another uninformed seller, but if anyone is looking at that 1950 green convertible on eBay called a Custom 8 Deluxe, I'd suggest caution, though no VN is given it appears to me that it's a Super DeLuxe, not a Custom.

Posted on: 2009/2/25 10:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The vehicle number is given as an added item. You are correct, it is not a Custom... it is a Super Deluxe. I think it's just a case of limited knowledge at the time of listing. Did you notice the temperature sender sticking out of the frost plug? Wonder what that's all about.

Posted on: 2009/2/25 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks, I now see the paragraph the seller added correctly identifing the car, I was just going by the pictures to tell me, the lack of full stainless trim around the trunk lid and the lack of the "step-down" geared starter motor among others being the identity clues I saw. Yes, just another case of an uninformed seller.

Haven't a clue about the second temperature sender but perhaps the cylinder head was so packed with rust and scale that the one at the rear of the head failed to give accurate readings? Whatever the reason, it looks like the thin core plug didn't offer enough thickness for enough threads to seal it, as it's quite obviously been leaking. Maybe J-B Weld hasn't reached the Canaries yet?

Despite all that plus what we can't see, the Super DeLuxe eight is a pretty nice and desireable car.

Posted on: 2009/2/25 10:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved