Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard "Ivory" & interior color?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A general inquiry to anyone reading this forum board who has a vehicle painted in Packard's Ivory, wondering if you owners would reply and tell me the color of your interiors, if original?

I would like to get a sense of what Packard owners back in the day chose as their corresponding interior color. Anyone who has a 48-50 22nd or 23rd series, I'd especially like to hear from you.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 4:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard "Ivory" & interior color?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Packard Ivory was only offered on the convertible and was discontinued during March of 1948. It would not be a 'correct' color on a 23rd series model. When offered, it came with the wheels painted French Red.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 17:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
My 1949 22nd Series Custom 8 sedan was originally painted ivory (now black) with a tan interior - unusual for a sedan but that's the way it was.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 20:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Somewhere on this site are the sales brochures, parts list, and info about the interior options. Takes some leg work. But what isn't around/couldn't find is the chart as to what combos they offered with the seat cloth or were available/sold. So you have to go to pictures, etc. I saw one "ivory" '48 or 49 sedan for sale about a year ago in CA and it had the plaid vinyl seats. Do not know if ext. color was orig. Another in NJ had the brown tweed which seemed to be prevalent based on the number of pictures I saw.
I even asked one car dealer to take an interior shot for me. You can also go to the PAC roster keepers, but unless they have or know of one like yours, it wasn't as helpful as I expected.
Some of the common interior items like the knobs, escutcheons, etc are "ivory" so it matches with a lot of colors and the "wood grain". I was told but never verified the 23 headliners were one color but that didn't seem to be the case nor matched the cloths. Good luck. It'll come down to cost, taste, and preference unless you have swatches to match.

Posted on: 2015/1/12 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks. I have seen 48 22nd series sedans (not convertibles) in Ivory that is original. Definitely not a color that I have seen commonly on sedans: black, navy blue, dark/olive green, maroon and light gray much more. I have even seen a Custom club sedan like mine painted Ivory that was factory original, so it appears one could special order a sedan in the color? Packard would be no stranger to custom orders. Will search around the site for more info.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 22:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved