Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Flamingo & White '56 Executive sedan history
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Reading the SDC Forum, this fellow accounts the family's history in the 1970's with a '56 Executive sedan finished in flamingo and white, including a photo.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?86277-New-Member-Introduction-(GT-Hawk-and-Packard-too)&p=895444#post895444

As of 2006, no flamingo and white '56 Executive sedans had been documented. While this car too is likely lost, at least we have evidence an Executive sedan was built as such.

Steve

Posted on: 2015/1/18 13:11
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Re: Flamingo & White '56 Executive sedan history
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Very interesting!
Around 1997 or so, there was a pink and white Executive 4 door sedan that seemed to have been abandoned in the parking lot by the toll booths of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. It sat there for weeks. At the time, I was commuting to work in San Francisco from the East Bay. I kept wanting to stop and inquire if anyone there at the toll plaza knew anything about the car, but when I was passing by it, there was never a convenient time to pull over and ask. Then the car disappeared. I took note of it because I knew that it wasn't Scottish Heather and Dover White - it was a different pink. Now I REALLY wish I had made an effort to learn the story about this car!

Posted on: 2015/1/18 17:01
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

ShelbyGriggs
See User information
Just joined this site, thought I would post the photo previously mentioned, I am currently cleaning out my Mom's place and am hoping someplace I will find the numbers for this car. Had no idea how rare a "pink" Excutive was at the time. I believe this was in the family from 72-73 until 88-92 time frame and was still very solid at time of sale HOWEVER the engine was frozen from sitting a long period of time, bodywise and interior it was still almost like new, sure wished we hadn't parted ways.

Shelby

Attach file:

jpg  (37.03 KB)
167970_59e630e76c917.jpg 655X605 px

Posted on: 2017/10/17 11:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Very interesting ... I wonder if this is the car I used to see, seemingly abandoned, in the parking lot by the toll booths of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge ...

Posted on: 2017/10/17 14:34
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

ShelbyGriggs
See User information
I don't know, we sold it locally here in Central Oregon, but the bay area is only around 500 miles or less away, could very well of been the car we owned, pretty rare I understand, so odds might be that it was same car!

Shelby

Posted on: 2017/10/17 17:42
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

WW400
See User information
Color does look similar to this 400

Attach file:

jpg  (64.58 KB)
2316_59ed45af83500.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2017/10/22 20:32
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved