Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 218

humanpotatohybrid, Owen_Dyneto, Bob J, Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wheel trim rings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A question on 21st and maybe other series trim or beauty rings. The Mid Atlantic PAC region is no longer selling the repros. They referred me to an aftermarket supplier and said he sells the same item for less. I found he also has lots of choices.

Question is on the proper depth to order. Measuring per one sites instructions of laying a straightedge across the rim and down to the center of the valve stem hole it would appear the rings would be a standard 1 3/4" depth -- or at least those should fit. The rings have a semi circular cutout for the stem so one would assume that would make the ring edge go to the center of stem. Measuring my old rings by laying them flat & face down with a straightedge across, they appear to be slightly over 1 1/2" and also with a semicircle cutout. I don't know if they were the originals though.

Question is what depth did Packard use. If anyone could look at their car and tell me if the trim ring goes all the way to approximately the middle of valve stem hole or does the ring stop before it reaches the rubber stem.

Posted on: 2015/3/14 19:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: wheel trim rings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
On my 2106, the ring has a cut out for the stem and the ring goes about halfway past the stem. Given how beat up they are, I think they are originals.

I measured mine at 1 3/8" overall depth. Mine are off right now, but I remember them being a tight fit for the outer edge of the ring to clear the wheel weights. I am wondering if 1 3/4" might cause issues there.

Mark

Posted on: 2015/3/14 23:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but here you go.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (66.46 KB)
1003_550c5b1f24f9f.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (56.11 KB)
1003_550c5b2a158d2.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (53.48 KB)
1003_550c5b33a4521.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/3/20 12:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the photos. Here is the recommended site that MidAtlantic region mentioned and I'm thinking the 1 5/8 is the ring to order. Measuring my old rings it seems like they are between 1 1/2 and 1 5/8. Mark measured a little less so this looks to be as close as I could find on the site. Haven't found 1 1/2 or less in a smooth ring at any of the sites I've checked.http://www.hubcapmike.com/trim-rings-smooth.html

Posted on: 2015/3/20 13:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved