Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 153

BigKev, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Carribean on E-Bay
Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
56 Caribbean on ebay, Looks pretty good. Seems to be all there except for non-Packard transmission. Price bid til now at 36,500. Is it worth it?

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:25
 Top  Print 

Re: 56 Carribean on E-Bay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Sounds like the car is very well documented and has a lot of the original unique Caribbean parts besides the dual quad setup -- the boot bag, the original lined top, and the Ultramatic with its unique Caribbean torque converter. If all you want is a Caribbean to sit in your collection, you may find one that's shinier for less than what this one will sell for, but if you like survivors and originality, then I would say this one is definitely worth a premium.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 15:01
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I also looked pretty closely at those photosm looks like a very decent car for the $. I'm also watching that 56 Caribbean convertible with the $165,000 asking price and wondering what it will finally sell for.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 15:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
$165000, Whew. Hope he gets it. Must be absolutely perfect and then some. Didn't see the listing. Where is it? Also a couple of Caribbeans in Hemmings this month that sound very attractive for the price.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 19:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I would like to see a $165000 Caribbean. There has not been one sold in the past few years at over $145k and that was a spectacular all black 56. When I started looking for a Caribbean project in 2008 the price guides suggested that a Number 1 restored car could sell for nearly $200,000 but in the years that have followed, the prices have tumbled.
I anticipate that you could spend well,over $165000 to acquire and restore a Caribbeam to Pebble Beach standards with a professional restorer...., but unless the younger generations become intrigued with the cars, I anticipate that it will be quite some time until the cars compete with Cords or the Twin Six cars.
Most people under 40 have never seen or heard,of a,Caribbean.....or a Packard.
Just my opinion.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 20:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
It's the rare Packard (or Studebaker) which brings more than the cost of the restoration. I always tell anyone considering one, "Do it because you love the car and never add up the receipts."

jack vines

Posted on: 2015/3/21 12:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I completely agree jack,

Posted on: 2015/3/21 14:56
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I maybe wrong, but this car sold at a really good price, $45,897.00

Hope to see it out and about. Anyone want to fess up to the purchase?

Posted on: 2015/3/25 16:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
let,

i wish it was me, i dropped that on model trains, a few years ago,,,

should of swapped my trains!!,,,,

Posted on: 2015/3/27 16:24
Riki
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved