Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1940 110 engine selection
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Tobey,

for adding your '40 Sedan to the Owner Registry. You've certainly been busy and put a lot of work into the car since getting it. From my viewpoint you've done a great job of retaining the classic Packard look while doing the best mechanical wise, based on what you had to work with.

For those concerned about what has/is being done to this Packard there's a more detailed history in the Owner Registry entry of the background to all this, and makes for interesting reading.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 21:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I have a buddy with a "built up" 4.3L Chevy V6 and it's a stump puller. I can't believe the power from the thing, and it returns over 30mpg with the 200R4 o/d trans behind it. The nice thing about the 4.3L is that it's basically a 350 with two less cylinders, so all the performance internal parts from an SBC will go right in. (other than the cam and crank, of course)

Posted on: 2008/10/18 1:10
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Tobey Shattenberg
See User information
Color is blaze red crystal (not sure of the #).

Posted on: 2008/10/18 15:58
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

geneL3c
See User information
FLjoyrider , Have been following ( at a distance ! ) the exchange of opinions concerning your " street rod " , and would like to add mine . I am not a purist and don't think you should have to explain yourself to anyone , especially considering the quality of your " ride " ! I have spent the last 12 months trying to rebuild as close as possibly correct , my wife's 1937 six cyl 115c Touring Coupe engine . What started out as a simple head gasket replacement , has turned into the engine overhaul from Hell ! The engine was rebuilt years ago ( probably South of the border , we call it the " Tijuana taxi " ) from miscellaneous parts and suffered from many peculiar problems , strange noises and elusive oil pressure . Finding proper parts has become a project of its own
( anyone have a camshaft and timing gears ? )! Had I known then what I know now , I would have swapped out the original , anemic 237" flathead 6 for a healthy 302" GMC six that I could depend on to get my bride to where she wants to go and back ( she loves the car ) , and my life would have been a lot simpler . I would have been finished long ago , the car would be in use ( it has tied up my shop for a year ) , and I would be working on my own projects . This has certainly not turned out to be a very cost effective investment . Drive your ride with pride , GeneL3c

Posted on: 2008/11/6 17:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
geneL3c wrote: I have spent the last 12 months trying to rebuild as close as possibly correct , my wife's 1937 six cyl 115c Touring Coupe engine ...........GeneL3c

G'day GeneL3c,

to the Site. And could you please add your wife's '37 115c to the Owner Registry together with a pic, and any known history? Or, from another angle, maybe your wife could join and do that? We have a few female members here and one more would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 23:41
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

geneL3c
See User information
Mal , I will get Connie to send a photo of her '37 115c Touring Coupe to the registry as well as some background info as soon as we get back to our shop computer that has our photo files . We are hoping to get the car back on the road in time for next years Henry Joy Tour in upstate NY . Thanks for your welcome in , regards , Gene

Posted on: 2008/11/7 20:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
geneL3c wrote: Mal , I will get Connie to send a photo of her '37 115c Touring Coupe to the registry as well as some background info.........Gene

Gene and Connie,

It'll be great to have both of you onboard. I'm looking forward to seeing Connie's '37 115c Touring Coupe in the registry and it's pic and history.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 20:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved