Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 79

Ozstatman, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rear Windshield Lower Belt Moulding Joiner Clip
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Greetings. 1954 Packard Clipper Super Two-Door Club Sedan.
Is there any particular technique or trick to removing the chrome-plated belt molding clip on the rear windshield? This is the small chrome plated clip at the bottom of the rear windshield that joins the two stainless steel belt molding wrap-around trim pieces.

Thanks again and best regards.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 13:06
 Top  Print   

Re: Rear Windshield Lower Belt Moulding Joiner Clip
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe you will find them held by a stud welded to the clip which goes thru the gasket and then a retainer piece and nut on the inside. On most if not all models the entire lower belt molding under the window is held in a similar fashion with stud type clips that slide into the molding and then nuts on the inside.

Remove the inner garnish molding -- should be easy to do because it is only held with sheet metal screws -- and see if you don't find several clips holding things together like these on a 55. IIRC, BigKev also may have some photos in his blog.

Attach file:

jpg  (24.05 KB)
209_5581bb1a6525e.jpg 527X371 px

Posted on: 2015/6/17 13:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Howard..what can I say?! Marvelous. Your time and assistance have been invaluable to me and our community.

May I pick your brain for one more thing...My left rear wheel has been diagnosed slightly out-of-round with a small skip in it. When I hit about 65MPH, I'm getting a slight vibration from it.

Do you know where I can get a new perfectly true and round wheel for my '54 Packard Clipper Two-Door Club Sedan?

Thanks again for all your time and assistance.

Best Regards,
Warren Stevens

Posted on: 2015/6/18 12:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not much help on the wheels other than unless someone here has a good one the best bet would be a vendor. Max and Kanter both say inquire so they might have a guaranteed good used for your chassis. Doubt you will find new anywhere other than maybe Kanter.

I do remember there is something odd on the 54 Clippers. Believe it was Big Kev that called attention to it being a strange or hybrid year inasmuch as the wheel that fits a particular chassis and would normally interchange year to year is not necessarily the one you would think in 54. I don't remember the particulars though.

Posted on: 2015/6/18 14:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Thanks again, Howard. I believe I will 'steal' the wheel from my spare tire and swap it with the one on the left rear. We'll see if that fixes her up. Don't know why this didn't occur to me in the first place.
Best Regards

Posted on: 2015/6/18 17:57
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved