Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 129

kevinpackard, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Guscha
I just noticed that your picture of the day the earth stood still is labeled as a 23rd. The Packeard in the picture is actually a 22nd series Custom. It does have one stainless strip missing from the door. Just thought you might like to know.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 22:06
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hey Guys.

As a roster keeper for PAC, I have an extensive list of "Packards in the Movies" that I have added to from time to time from various contributors as well as the data base that you mentioned. Attached is the list. BTW I don't have Daredevil Drivers"

Posted on: 2008/10/22 9:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well I don't know what happened but it seems that the list did not come thru. If anyone wants one email me and I'll forward one to you.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 9:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Would like to see the list. Would you try again. jpg or pdf, nothing but text, numerals in name--no characters, size under the limit, and remember to hit the upload button and see the file name in the space below the browse and upload buttons before you hit submit.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 9:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
O.K. the extension is .doc that does not seem to be an allowable extention.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 9:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thats too bad. Maybe your program you use to open the .doc format will be able to convert or save to or save as a .pdf?

Posted on: 2008/10/22 10:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
"Murder in the Heartland", with 55 Pat standing in for 56 Pat. This was shown at the May 2006 PV8C meet. It is a Lifetime specific movie and is shown on occasion on that channel.

Craig

Posted on: 2008/10/23 17:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Yeah that was the Charlie Starkwether saga. He was one scary dude. I remember the newspaper headlines of the times. Real scary. I have always wondered if the car still exists somewhere.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 8:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Well, given the chase scenes, I would not have wanted my 55 Pat used for that!!! Pretty much beat it up.

I understand from some guys that I met in Vegas, that one NEVER loans/leases/rents one's car for ANY movie, unless you are driving it. Otherwise, those movie guys, don't care what they do to it!

Craig

Posted on: 2008/10/24 16:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
I did let Andy Griffith drive my V-12 once, but that was because he was a 1) neighor at the time so that I personally 2) knew he was well-aqauinted with manual transmissions and 3) knew I was nuts and would tear his head off if he damaged it....!

Seriously, I must have done fifty movie jobs over the years, and was yet to find a movie crew anything but sympathetic and cooperative. Of course I never EVER (except for Griffth) let anyone drive my car.

You have to bear in mind that PRODUCTION people are often "gear head" types who mostly LOVE old cars, and thus shoot lots of flim in lots of takes to get the cars looking "just right". I have seen some of the out-takes of my '38 V-12, just about all of them made the car look even more magnificent than it is.

And that explains why so much of what is shot, ends up on the "cutting room floor".

Film EDITORS, as distinguished from PRODUCTION people, are the "artsy craftsy" type. If they dont HATE and RESENT old big luxury cars to start with, they are at best indifferent, and dont want the magnificence of the car from detracting from the actors and/or story they are trying to tell. So much of what is shot involving collector cars, is destroyed.

In one case, I was part of a magnificent "shoot" in front of very expensive-to-built sets, involving literaly DOZENS of high dollar cars. Have no idea how much it cost to build the sets, or hire the cars. And it took several days to shoot, costs had to be in the MANY hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The Editors cut the entire scene, and re-called the actors to shoot a scene in a bar where they DISCUSSED what had happened with the cars, to give the picture "continuity", just so the cars wouldn't have "stolen the show".

This has happened so many times, that it became a running joke amongst fellow hi dollar car collectors in So. Calif. over the years.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 17:43
If it has a red hex on the hub-cap, I love it
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved