Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

New content on the way.....and missing content
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I purchased a couple original pre-war service manuals and parts list from ebay, and as soon as they arrive, I will get them scanned and up on the website to help fill in some of the content.

But we are still missing a few significant pieces.So if anyone has access to a original version of these available for scanning, then please consider donating a copy to the website:

Missing Shop and Service Manuals
1922-1928 Service Manual
1929-1932 Service Manual
1935 Illustrated Technical Data, 120 Models
1935-1936 Shop Manual
1937 Shop Manual (bought by me, and on the way)
1938-1939 Shop Manual
1940 Shop Manual (110 & 120)
1940 Shop Manual (160 & 180)
1941 Shop Manual
1942 Shop Manual
1946-50 Shop Manual
51-54, and 55-56 manuals are already available here on the website

Missing Parts and Accessories Lists (aka Parts Manual)
Anything previous to 1922
1923-29 (All Eight Cylinders)
1922-28 (All Six Cylinders)
1930-32 (All Eight Cylinders)
1932 Ligt Eight '900'
1933-36 (All Twelve Cylinders)
1937-38 (Super 8, 37-39 V12)
1935-41 (110, 115, 120, 160, 180, & 39 Super Eights) (bought by me, and on the way)
1942 (110, 120, 160, 180)
1941-47 (Clippers)
48-54, and 55-56 Lists are already available here on the website

Also any pre-war trade letters, service letters, techincal letter, and owners's manuals. All this helps to build up the archive and is the needed content for the Service Index's for the pre-war Packards. With the work that Brian has done on the Service Index for the 55-56s, and his continuing work on the 51-54 Series, we will have one of the best online archives for locating service infomation for those cars. I would hope we can extend that well into the pre-war series cars also. But we really need help with filling in that missing content to be able to effectively do that.

Thanks everyone for you continued help and support in making this one of the best available resources (both online and offline) for Packard owners!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: New content on the way.....and missing content
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I have a small cache of General Service Bulletins (GSB) from 1952-1955, and a handful of parts-related bulletins from the same era that I've been wanting scan and upload, but stuff keeps coming down the pipe at me faster than I can keep up with.

Once I have that uploaded, viewers may be in a better position to help identify and fill-in the blanks - as I plan on doing for some of the missing STBs once I am finished with the Service Index.

This site has gone farther than any for Packard that I've ever seen before, but there's always room to grow, thanks to BigKev. The more information we have here, the more ways we'll find to connect the dots.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:13
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev. which 37 manual do you have. I have the 37 Packard 6 and also the 2 40's. I believe the 40s are original but still a bit of a question. Incredibly good copy if not, so will probably go ahead and scan.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:23
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard,

This is the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290266880652

I also bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem=&item=360048036971

There were other original pieces out there, but they were beyond my budget.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:28
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
OK. different than mine so will scan.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:30
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks I appreciate it!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 15:15
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For those that want to donate content to the website via the PackardInfo.com FTP site, please send me a PM or email for the updated FTP login information. If you had this information in the past, then you will need the new login info as this changed when we moved to the new server.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 16:31
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
TO ALL: Any item that is sent to BigKev for him to copy or used for reference, will be handled with care and returned promptly.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/17 21:04
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
BigKev,

I have a 1942 Shop Manual.

Also a Parts List Book for 1941-47 Clippers.

What scan format/file do you want? I tried scanning an article before, but had trouble with the size when I tried to email it.

How do you make multiple pages one file?

Could you give us "non-computer wizards" guidelines for submitting things to you?

Thanks for all your work/info. Sorry to ask so many questions.

DanL

Posted on: 2008/10/17 21:15
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Most scanner software will have options on what format to scan to. Some will allow scanning to PDF directly. If that is the case, then it should allow you to scan page after page until you tell it that you are done, and then it will save all the pages to a single PDF.

If you scanning software does not have a PDF option, then choose JPG. Create a new directory on your computer, and then have it scan page after page to that directory. Most scanner software will just keep incrementing the file name as it keeps scanning pages. (IE. myscanfile.jpg, myscanfile1.jpg, myscanfile2.jpg, etc). I recommend you use something like WinZip to 'Zip' then entire set of jpg's into a single file that can be send to me.

No matter the format, I recommend that you choose 200 DPI (anything more is a waste, and too big for folks to download), at full color for scanning settings. Even if the content is B&W, full color pics up subtle grays better in the pictures. If the content is actually B&W then I will convert it back to that on this side. Just the actual scanning process works better in full color.

Ok so now you have the files scanned to either a single PDF, or a ZIP file full of JPGs. If the file is less than 5 megs in size, then simply email it to me. If it is bigger than 5 meg, then I recommend you either put it on a CD and mail it, or upload it via FTP.

Now if all of this reads like techno-babble, then you can just send the book to me, I will scan it, and then mail it back to you. I have done this numerous times for folks without any issues as John reffereced earlier.

I'm pretty flexible, just let me know what works best for you.

Thanks again!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 21:39
-BigKev

Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved