Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
61 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

TL system stop working
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hotrod
See User information
My '56 400 TL just stopped working. I do have voltage on both solenoids but no voltage at the under dash switch and only voltage on the outer terminals of my mechanical brake switch. Where do I check next?

Posted on: 2015/8/24 21:08
 Top  Print   

Re: TL system stop working
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The stock hydraulic brake switch is a known failure item. You mention a mechanical switch so it is kind of hard to guess what you have without more information. I take it that means you have a switch operated by the pedal arm??

If the colors are stock, at the switch you should have 12v to ground on the pink or purple wire and also on the light green wire when brakes are not applied. Nothing on the dark green wire until the brakes are applied. Voltage then cuts off from light green and on to dark green.

If no voltage on the pink or purple wire check the 7 1/2 amp fuse coming off the buss bar at solenoids. If you have voltage on the hot wire and nothing on light green the switch is the most likely culprit.

The light green feeds the under dash switch so if there is voltage at the brake switch and not at the under dash the problem would be in that length of wire.

Posted on: 2015/8/24 21:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved