Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

dallas, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Checking owner history
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
A friend who recently purchased a 56'400 outfitted with the dual,quad intake and standard shift with overdrive inquired whether I was aware of any source to determine the earlier ownership of the vehicle.
It is a question that I have had about my Caribbean but not something that I have seriously researched.
Does anyone know of an archive that might afford information on prior ownership of a vehicle based on model and serial number?
I figured that this has come up before..

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:05
 Top  Print 

Re: Checking owner history
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I have heard that the Studebaker Museum has some records of 1956 Packards. That's where I would start looking.

Jim

Posted on: 2015/9/3 3:07
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bobp
See User information
The Studebaker Museum will provide you with the original shipping paper for $48.00. Other than that is questionable in my opinion. PennDot will go back, I think 10 years. Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 19:36
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Quote:

bobp wrote:
The Studebaker Museum will provide you with the original shipping paper for $48.00. Other than that is questionable in my opinion. PennDot will go back, I think 10 years. Hope this helps.

Anyone have build sheets for 1955 Packards?

Also does anyone know if there's a way to trace my car's history by it's last known California licence plate?

Posted on: 2015/9/14 17:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Last week a friend here in Tucson got a build sheet on his 1956 Clipper (5622) from the Studebaker Museum people. He was quite pleased. No joy for us 1955 owners however as no reported records survive for 55's I'm told.

Re: DOT's or DMV's, it's best to write a letter and begin a dialogue. Be mindful that many government entities charge fees for doing this sort of research.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 18:56
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
But you think it could be possible to trace it down, Kevin? I really should try that. :)

Posted on: 2015/9/15 10:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Check for the build sheet under the front carpet on top of the transmission hump. I found the one for my 55 Clipper there when replacing the carpet. You may get lucky.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/9/15 10:56
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
There's no more carpet left and it wasn't there when we took it off. :/

Posted on: 2015/9/15 11:04
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved