Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
That is such a tease

I certainly respect the wishes of the individual who shared the information with you and look forward to the time when you are able to share it.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 13:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The secret Owen might be referring to is as follows. The Packard Monte Carlo is now undergoing restoration at America's Packard Museum. This firm is also know as Citizen's Motorcar Company of Dayton Ohio.

I might be wrong about this and I am not asking Owen to confirm or deny this.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/11/7 13:12
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is the picture of the Monte Carlo, as well as the copy of the May 1953 Cars article that Damien sent me.

Attach file:

jpg  (7.64 KB)
1_49148623006b1.jpg 294X211 px
pdf Size: 349.06 KB; Hits: 117

Posted on: 2008/11/7 13:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:
The Packard Monte Carlo is now undergoing restoration at America's Packard Museum. This firm is also know as Citizen's Motorcar Company of Dayton Ohio.
John F. Shireman

I believe you're thinking of another Packard concept car that Ralph Marano had in Dayton. Its restoration was started by Aldrich Restorations, then the car was taken out of the shop. Your confusion may be from the fact that Aldrich used to work at the Packard museum.
As Owen said, the Monte Carlo is (was???) currently owned by a collector in Atlanta.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 14:47
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Damien,

Thanks for contributing many pictures, advertisements and the Monte Carlo article. The period B&W pictures are fantastic. Always exciting to see period pictures that I have not seen before.

Sincerely,
Robert.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 17:38
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is another picture (pulled from the article) that Damien sent me. If anyone have any other 3/4 view of the 'Monte' then I would mind seeing them.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.80 KB)
1_4915e09a94e08.jpg 637X413 px

Posted on: 2008/11/8 13:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Damien -

Thanks for taking the time to scan and send that article. Looks like several viewers have enjoyed it.

Though the text contained very little about the Monte Carlo itself, I enjoyed the additional perpsective on where Packard came from and where they hopes to go.

It's interting that the situation was viewed from the outside as an autmoaker in trouble even before 1953, yet they held out hope with new management team. Also interesting was that Nance & Company was looking all the way to 1960, but knew that pulling it off was a big gamble - boom or bust, with room for nothing in between.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 15:16
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
Robert,
Your welcome. It's a pleasure sharing Packard information with other enthusiasts. fyi, Cars & Parts Magazine, June 1972, Volume 15 No.9 has an iteresting 6 page article called "The Milestone Era 1945-1964", "Packard's Idea Cars" by Dick Langworth. It has small pics's of the 1957 proto-types such as Packard front view, Carbbean side view, Patician 7/8 front, Clipper side view,as well as 6 sketches of Bob Bourke's 1957 Packards, plus a nicely written article.
I understand that C&P still has a few of brand new back issues available for about $12.00 including S&H. I believe their phone number is 800-572-6885 (C&P is part of Amos Advantage).
Damien

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:27
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
I heard the same rumor, then called the Museum, they knew nothing about a Monte Carlo, they said they would check it out and call me back either way. That was two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing.
It would be nice if the private collector in Atlanta would share some pic's with us.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I still think it was a confusion between one of Ralph Marano's other concept cars that was in Dayton about a year ago. The restorer was a former employee/restorer of the Packard Museum (Citizens Motorcar Co.).

Posted on: 2008/11/11 9:23
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved