Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

headaches and miseries..what are these parts for
Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
I was forced to pull my 2126 from the shop where it had been for restoration (disassembled). Won't bore you all with details but the bottom line is, I will now have to reassemble the car after the car is completed at new (legitimate) restoration company. Soooo, will have to play the "what the are these parts for" Will start with a picture of two wooden blocks I believe are used in the front seat mounts. Just not sure where. Thanks for your help....more to follow...

Attach file:

jpg  (66.94 KB)
97266_55fdc6f2d934e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/9/19 15:36
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Re: headaches and miseries..what are these parts for
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
How long are they? I don't recognize them and found nothing like that in a 2106 so maybe something for the LWB cars. Assume they used the same basic front seat construction. Mine had shims between the track and floor to raise or tilt if needed. The seat frame bolts directly to the track portion and has 3 studs per side. Possibly they could have done something there to raise the frame only.

Some later cars used a similar filler block under the rounded inside edge of the chrome sill moldings to keep them from being crushed if stepped on. Would they fit there?

Posted on: 2015/9/19 16:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
They are about 15 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 1 3/8". The shop handed me these at the same time they handed me the front and back seat assemblies and other interior panels. The shop said they had taken pictures of every part and where it came from then couldn't find the file. Two of the three people who dismantled the car, left about three months later. After 18 months, got tired of the BS and took the car to another shop who is doing great work. The reassembly is going to be a challenge though due to the above mishandling etc.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 16:48
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Possibly from the kit dealers used to raise the front seat when owner's so requested. In one form or another a kit for that purpose was available for decades.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 17:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
thanks to all....
I will have to look at the floor pan to see if there are any corresponding holes. That area has been taped up for quite some time.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 17:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
My '41 120 Coupe has wooden spacers under the front seat, see this post for text and this post for photos.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 18:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Given the car is a seven passenger those parts won't be in the standard parts book. If there is a Henney book they might be in that.

You have my sympathy. One of the last Packards I worked on had been apart for two decades. I was putting it back together but the work environment was so bad I quit. If I had a phone with a camera I would have put everything on video as an example of where not to work. It would put Jesses James's West Coast Choppers nuthouse to shame.

That car is still apart, and I'm in Detroit working on bigger things.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 9:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If those are to raise the seat is there a pair missing? If the 21st series LWB cars used the same seat arrangement as the other 21sts, the tracks bolt to the floor with 4 bolts -- two on each end of the track footing. It is a fairly wide distance between the bolts but if those two pieces were side by side with flat sides touching it might be just about right for one side.

If they did use the same seat arrangement as the others, inserting that thick of wood using a single piece per side between the tracks and the seat frame would seem unlikely for several reasons.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 9:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Doesn't really look like a spacer, the holes are counter sunk. Like for a large wood screw. John

Posted on: 2015/9/20 10:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
May I throw my 2 cents worth in? Your picture doesn't show the screw very well, it appears to me its a drywall screw,dark colored and Phillips head. Also the white powder on the "Shim" on the right is suspect also.

How about a birds eye view of the pieces with a tape measure for sure?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 10:14
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved