Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1955 Packard No Engine Number?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
packard34 wrote: Well... Latest update, The past few days we have spent a great deal of time working on the 55.......to make the vehicle registrable.

Mat,

Congratulations, almost there. Will you be at Wyong next Sunday for the Twin Lakes Classic Auto Club Show and Shine? And in convoy with Russ in the 400? If you are we'll see you there then. And.....167 sounds like a great engine number! Well to me it does, just hope the RTA think likewise.

EDIT - Mat, just realised I haven't seen your '34 or the '55 in the Owner Registry here. Seeing how I ask other people (although some might say I harangue or harass) to get their Packards in the Registry you can't be an exception! How about it Mat? You'll be pleased to know I asked 4 people at the 2009 National Rally Committee meeting today about the same thing, so you're not alone!

Posted on: 2008/11/2 4:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Hi Mal,

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the owners registry. I saw your post. I tried the other day but it taking a while to load, but over the next day or so I promise I'll put something on the owners registry

Posted on: 2008/11/2 6:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Hi Again Mal,

I wish I could make the show, but i have a few things to sort out before that, the first is getting approval of the RTA to drive the car as I have my provisional drivers license, and also, either change the transmission or wait till December 18th when I can go for my green provisional license and drive both auto and manual cars. So from that date you can look forward to seeing either the 55 or the good old 34 attending the shows. The biggest problem will be what one to take?

I also hope the RTA likes the 167 engine number, well, I don't think they can argue with it considering it is stamped on the block.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 6:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Mat, just register the car with the number on the driver's door pillar, that number would match the original engine number. It's what I did on my Patrician.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 12:55
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved