Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Love this '39 Packard 120 Coupe on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-/191744713608?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ca4e02388:g:b8sAAOSwEgVWQ85B&item=191744713608

Boy, I really like this 1939 Packard 120 Coupe currently listed on eBay. However, I have reservations about it being a column-shift, which is a topic that has been well-trodden in this forum.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2015/12/1 21:54
 Top  Print 

Re: Love this '39 Packard 120 Coupe on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Column shift was first offered with the 1939 models. They all came with this except for the Super 8s and Twelves, where it was an option. Lovely club coupe. I would not kick it out of my garage because of the column shift. Someone is going to get a nice Packard.

(o{}o)

Agree, it is way over priced, even for its condition. A convertible coupe in that condition might bring the asking price.

Posted on: 2015/12/1 22:24
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Very nice but a very unrealistic price. You can buy some nice senior cars for that.
here's a 41 120 coupe for less than half the price:
https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5337050553.html

Posted on: 2015/12/1 23:56
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
While I'm a novice Packard enthusiast, I rather thought the same thing regarding the price. In fact, the owner has dropped the price $5000 since list the car last week. And, yes, you are correct about being able to buy a senior Packard for less money. I thought the inflated price might have something to do with rarity.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2015/12/2 6:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
This is truly a lovely Packard but in today's market a pretty optimistic expectation in value. If it was a #1 car perhaps but this isn't there yet. Of course with the Canadian $ at $0.75US this car is way out of my price range.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 8:02

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved