Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 86

BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1947 Custom Super Clipper Reading lamps bulb replacement.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
From HH56:
Rscott77x wrote:
How do I remove the reading lamp lenses to change the bulbs. I don't want to force anything.

Response
The glass lenses are held in the chrome bezel which makes it an assy and just presses into the lamp housing. The assy may be tight. The chrome and glass pull straight out as an assy but there are some slots and holes in tabs on the chrome part which fit over some small bumps in the housing. Same with the round lights under the dash and those assys can be even tighter.

Posted on: 2015/12/13 11:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 1947 Custom Super Clipper Reading lamps bulb replacement.
Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
I will send pictures of what you are removing to access the bulb. There are two basic parts one of which is made up of three components": the lens, the chrome frame and the bracket holding those two in place. The assembly is a friction fit into the other "basic part" which is the bulb socket mount bracket. This bracket is fastened in place by four small screws and stays in place. The chrome lens can be pried out of the housing from either end using a thin knife blade or screw driver. keep in mind the socket mount bracket is only slightly smaller than the outside of the chrome frame and it is has flat end tabs where the screws are placed.
Likely will be some surface corrosion that will make it a bit tedious to remove. Light machine oil when you put it back in place (actually I like Ballistol spray...no mess)

Attach file:

jpg  (37.04 KB)
97266_567b1aaebc8e6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (33.56 KB)
97266_567b1ac7bdf0a.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (39.28 KB)
97266_567b1af6123b3.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/12/23 17:07
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved