Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Christmas in South Western Ontario Canada
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
Just got back from delivering some Christmas goodies to friends. Weather was so nice (15C = 59F) I took my '49 to play Santa in style.

Attach file:

jpg  (131.35 KB)
4917_567c60211bd9f.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/12/24 16:14
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Re: Christmas in South Western Ontario Canada
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
DeluxCanuck, Amazing weather you are having. Beautiful Packard. Where are you located in SW Ontario.? I have family in Windsor. Merry Christmas!

Posted on: 2015/12/25 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Merry Christmas Deluxe Canuck...You guys are having great weather for this time of year. It looks like you are enjoying 59 degree weather while we are enjoying 50 degree weather in Scottsdale, Arizona. Your Deluxe is looking great. I trust she is running just fine now. Ours is running fine and is happy trundling around town to the hardware store, grocery store, hair cuts,breakfasts and all sorts of other little trips. Radiator Shroud is working great. Ernie

Posted on: 2015/12/26 12:40
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
Dave, I am about 4 hours east of Windsor in Hamilton. Ernie, car is running well. Fan shroud has helped immensely. Going for a a slight improvement on that and capping the cross member to the top of the rad to ensure that all the air the fan moves goes through the rad. Also going to go to manifold vacuum source for the timing and then adjust everything to set it right. Thanks for the complements on the car. Merry Christmas to you both, and everyone else on the forum.

Posted on: 2015/12/26 15:04
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I hope guys up north enjoy the nice weather. We are gearing up for a massive blizzard till Monday! 12-18 inches expected tonight & tomorrow (which is not that bad) with 40 mph wind with gusts up to 65 mph! Snow drifts will be 10-20 foot in places. Last week a day with 75F now this; welcome to West Texas!

Posted on: 2015/12/26 17:12
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mark (DeluxCanuck), after Ontario with 59F, Arizona with 50F and freak weather in West Texas, Germany reports 54F. A week ago I was way up north in Turku (Finland), prepared with turtleneck sweaters and winter coat but even there springlike temperatures (46F / 8?C). Pic #1 shows a public weather station near Turku.

Attach file:

jpg  (82.69 KB)
757_567f1740d20db.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (95.83 KB)
757_567f174b6fb74.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (89.63 KB)
757_567f17558c4e9.jpg 1280X719 px

Posted on: 2015/12/26 17:42
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
From the pic it looks like you have a vacuum antenna-how is it working etc?

Posted on: 2015/12/26 19:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

DeluxCanuck wrote:
... Also going to go to manifold vacuum source for the timing and then adjust everything to set it right...

I, and maybe others here, would be interested in what you have in mind by connecting to the manifold. Stock set-up is from a port in the carburetor so there is little or no vacuum to the advance chamber when the engine is idling. Doing what you are suggesting would mean the vacuum advance would be fully engaged at idle. What do you think the benefits of this would be? Thanks.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/12/27 13:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Afternoon all...A number of these 22nd and 23rd series cars warm up when sitting at stop lights for long periods. Perhaps taking the vacuum from the manifold would advance the timing at long idle and help the old girls to run cooler when at long idle. It worked on a girlfriend I had years ago! Ernie

Posted on: 2015/12/27 14:47
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks Ernie for sharing your idea. I have to admit my question was expecting your response.

My 1930 Ford Model A Roadster Hot Rod has a 1967 Chevy 283 engine. When I got the car the vacuum advance was connected to a ported outlet on the carburetor. Temperature would quickly rise when the car was stopped and idling. I changed the connection to take vacuum from the intake manifold and the problem was solved. It will idle all day and not over heat. In addition, it runs smoother.

To set the timing I removed and plugged the line, set the timing to spec, reconnected the line and adjusted the idle speed.

Let us know how your idea works out.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/12/28 10:55
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved