Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 161

Packard Don, Jack Vines, BigKev, Dads 56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

2017 National Pack Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Here is some info on Pack 2017 Hosted by Michiana Chapter in South Bend, Indiana. After our latest planning meeting here are a few details.

Dates: June 19-23

with a Early bird arrival on the 18th and a Bon Voyage on Sat the 24th.

Host Hotel will be the Waterford Resort rates at $90

Open up your Packard on the track at the Studebaker Proving Grounds.

More to Come

Posted on: 2016/1/17 12:52
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Re: 2017 National Pack Meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
...and for those with a 2017 Calendar, the Euro-Packard meet will be in Germany, June 14 to 17, 2017.

Posted on: 2016/1/17 14:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
David, where in Germany will it take place? Do you have a suitable link to the so-far known details?

Click to see original Image in a new window

1928 Packard three-quarter front view, top lowered, owner at wheel, female passenger, in front of statue. Inscribed on photo back; Packard 533, fifth series six (produced 7/1/1927-8/1/1928), 6-cylinder, 81-horsepower, 133-inch wheelbase, 5-person phaeton (body style #321), the inventor of one of the world's fastest automobile drives an American car, Herr Max Valier designer & builder of the Raktenmotor, or automobile propelled on the principle of a skyrocket, is an enthusiastic admirer of American automobile design & performance, he is shown driving a less spectacular but far more comfortable car than his own invention, the colossal statue in the background is of Kaiser Wilhelm I, this heroic monument stands at the juncture of the Rhine and Moselle rivers, in the city of Koblenz, Germany.

Photo courtesy of the Detroit Public Library, National Automotive History Collection and used with permission.

Posted on: 2016/1/17 16:29
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Save the Date

Attach file:

jpg  (37.90 KB)
17226_569eeaae54111.jpg 784X562 px

Posted on: 2016/1/19 21:02
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

rhanna
See User information
Can you tell me where the actual meet will be located? I am considering attending but will likely want to haul my car due to the long distance of about 1300 miles and then camp someplace close in the toy hauler.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 18:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Host Hotel info for the 2017 PAC National: Waterford Estates Lodge, 52890 SR 933 N, South Bend, IN 46637, 574-272-5220. Ask for the 'Packard Club' groupe rate, which is $90.00 per night (Rate is good from Friday, 6/16/2017 thru Saturday, 6/24/2017) Hotel is ready to take reservations.

Most events will be held on the Estate. Concours d'Elegance Judging will be on Thursday on Kamm Island in Mishawaka, a 10 min drive from the estate. Tours / Entrance will be arraigned with Cord / Dussenburg Museums and several others. Saturday departure will conclude with a day of Running the Studebaker Proving Grounds track.

We have our next update meeting this Sunday, I will provide more updates at that time.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 18:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
News about the euro packard meet in Germany this year.
http://www.the-packard-club-of-germany.de

I gotta get busy and get my car on the road!

Posted on: 2016/12/11 14:25
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
To make it a little easier, until the Packard Club of Germany Website has it's English translation complete, here are a couple of translations.

Home page: "The Packard Club of Germany

The-Packard-Club-Of-Germany is a region charter of the Packard Automobile Classics, INC. USA and is held in Germany as a community of interests of the Packardfreunde.

The-Packard-Club-Of-Germany is not a registered association. In keeping with the small number of Packard vehicles in Germany, the organizational effort is kept small and hierachies flat. We are the point of contact for Packard owners and autolous Packard enthusiasts, so that we can meet more easily in the Packardw?ste Germany and do not lose sight of them. A multiplication is otherwise almost impossible, we are something like the pointed muzzle of the oldtimer scene!
The people, the traveling and the common fun with the beautiful, large and rare cars are in the foreground.
The packard enthusiasts are very European because of their small number.
At the European Packard meeting in recent years, our Packard friends showed us their countries from a side that we as tourists would never have seen.

Since our Packards are, of course, among the best cars in the world, arrivals on their own axis are the rule. And every time it is super exciting, who comes so everything so what comes.
In contrast to the political world system, the Packard world continues to grow into a great common ground. At the last meeting the first packard friends from the USA and New Zealand in Europe were sighted. We are on a good way!
At the Packard meeting are vehicles of the Packard co-operation partners and Nachamer such as Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Studebaker, Chaika and Zis welcome guests. We are very happy about visitors from Eastern Europe. If Politk does not make the eastward expansion, at least we can level the streets. Especially in Russia there are many interesting vehicles.

Everyone who has fun to participate in this is welcome.
Such a community of interest of the Packardfreunde can only grow further, if everyone according to its possibilities.
Keep it with J. F. Kennedy:
Do not ask what does the club do for me, but ask what I can do for the club.

Yours, J?rgen Burkhardt
"

2 Euro Packard Meet 2017:

"Packard Automobile Classics, Inc.
Overview
event
registration
contact
11. Euro Packard meeting 2017
14.-18. June in Germany

As a venue for the 11th European Packard Meeting we have selected the beautiful East Harz (located in the former GDR), about 120 km from the airport Hannover.
The reason for this was that this area still has a lot of originality.
Due to the communist system of the GDR, a diverse history has been preserved here, which has long since disappeared.

So we'll go on a trip to the past with our old packards.

In order to make the event as comfortable as possible, the entire meeting takes place from the centrally located Schlosshotel in Blankenburg.
Built in 1860 as a prison building, the building was transformed into a four-star hotel in 2010. Historic charm, modern interiors and the adjacent large castle garden with the old and new Schloss Blankenburg offer the ideal setting for our meeting. The imposing baroque garden (with more than 100 hectares of one of the largest and oldest ones in Saxony-Anhalt) invites you to linger in its courtly representation with its lovingly designed retreats, the fountains, the teahouse, which will particularly inspire female participants.

The car park, which is directly in front of the hotel, offers the ideal setting for our cars. Also at night the reception of the hotel is occupied by and has an eye on our packards.
For the friends of the "Tire-kickings" there is no better place (hopefully without umbrella)!

To ensure that the meeting is relaxed for all participants, we opted for the "all-inclusive" variant:
Overnight stay, breakfast, lunch package or lunch, 3-course or 4-course gala dinner in the evening (including a drinks package for 4 hours), mineral water, beer, red and white wine.

The hotel is dependent on all other orders directly cash.
The all-inclusive package also includes:
- Bus transfers
- Entrance fees for the historical sights, museums and sightseeing
- Travel price for the whole-day steam train exit with the historic Harzquerbahn
(Incl. Lunch break with kettle goulash, beer, wine, water, coke, orange juice and coffee)
- Event documents
Gifts
- Tombola on the gala evening
- Nice care, good mood, and nice weather

Day 1: Wednesday, June 14, 2017

From 2.00 pm: Arrival and reception of the participants in the parking lot / foyer of the Schlosshotel with champagne, mineral water, orange juice.

7.00 pm: Dinner as a barbecue buffet (drinks for 4 hours included).

Day 2: Thursday, June 15, 2017

8.15 am: Meeting at Schlosshotel parking lot, then departure by bus to Quedlinburg station
9.37 am: Departure of our historic steam train train to a full day trip through the beautiful Harz mountains.
2 photo shows with bogging - about 2-hour lunch break with food and lots of time for the experience of the steam train.
5.45 pm: arrival station Wernigerode
6.00 pm: Departure by bus back to the Schlosshotel
7.30 pm: Three-course menu at the Schlosshotel (drinks for 4 hours included).

Day 3: Friday, June 16, 2017

9.00 am: Meet in the car park, start the cars and leave with the Packards to the Hotel Br?hl in Quedlinburg - driving distance about 20 km.
10.00 am: Arrival in the hotel parking lot of the Hotel Br?hl, then a guided tour of the city and visit of the medieval world cultural heritage city Quedlinburg with a visit to the cathedral / cathedral.
After the tour of the city (approx. 2 pm) we take a lunch break at the Hotel Br?hl.
Approx. 3 pm: Drive back to the Schlosshotel Blankenburg.

If you do not need lunch, you can take part in a small excursion with a hike to the horse trail. Wild rugged gorge, only accessible on foot. If you do not want to go, can do in the coffee at the parking lot with a great view at their own expense what good.
Times for this Packardtour: Spontaneous arrangement in the parking lot

7.30 pm: Gala evening with four-course gala menu (drinks included for 4 hours!)

We have deliberately placed the gala evening on Friday so that the participants can celebrate for a long time and drink the drinks package so much!

Day 4: Saturday, June 17, 2017

Today, the Packards and their drivers are required: We make an almost 90 km-long mountain exit through the east resin.

9.00 am: Departure from the Schlosshotel to the Packard-Tour with the following inserts:
- Guided tour through the Hermannsh?hle with its dripping stones, the Kritallkammer and the Grottenolmen.

- lunch break at the Hotel Kr?uterhof directly at a train station of the steam railway, with which we explored the Harz. During the meal we can watch the steam trains.

- Visit of the East German vehicle museum with vehicles and objects of daily life from 40 years of GDR.

- Tank driving on a 30,000 square meter exercise area. The 20 winners of the raffle will fight here as a driver with a driver or as a passenger with Russian tanks through heavy terrain, mud and water.

Anyone who did not win the lot at the raffle can spontaneously rent a Russian T-55 with 35 tonnes, 650 pesos (a twelve) for a ride with a driver.

The tanks are offered at their own risk!

Tombolagewinners, who prefer to watch with the other participants from a safe distance, can pass the profit to other participants
- Coffee and cake in the vehicle museum.

Afterwards: Common ride back to the Schlosshotel.

7.30 pm: Three-course menu at the Schlosshotel (drinks for 4 hours included).

Day 5: Sunday, June 18, 2017

After breakfast, I would like to say goodbye to the participants and hopefully a reunion for the 12th EuroPackard Meeting in 2019 - wherever!

The event will take place on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. So if you want to arrive early, do not be alone.

Posted on: 2016/12/11 15:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Sounds like a busy 2 weeks for Packards!

Hopefully we will see some pictures of both meets.

Troy,
Are you promising cool weather next week?

Posted on: 2017/6/12 11:21
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm coming into Southbend this Friday evening. If anyone if there early this weekend and wants to grab lunch/drinks/etc, just let me know.

Otherwise, you find me at the Swapmeet most days as I will have a table and will be vending off some of the duplicate literature I have amassed. Most of which are adverts, but I do have some other pieces as well.

Posted on: 2017/6/14 7:45
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved