Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Visit to Kanter Auto Products
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Pretty cold yesterday in northern New Jersey, morning temps at about 4? F, only warming to about 19?. So what to do - ROAD TRIP! Actually it was by prearrangement, my local mixed make car club (the Restored Rusty Relics) went down to Boonton to visit Kanter brothers 1888 historic mill factory building where many of the Packard parts reside, and thence over to their restoration shop just a few blocks away. Lots of old car camaraderie, interesting and unusual cars to see, refreshments of course, and Fred gave us a nice presentation on just two aspects of their new reproduction items; first the brand new (no core required) water pump for certain prewar Packard juniors, and secondly a show and tell about some of the approximately 500 different pistons they have manufactured to OEM specs or better for almost any make and model collector car.

Though I haven't followed it with any particular interest I know there have been some ongoing threads about trunk-mounted Packard AC units and I took the opportunity to take this photo of a Studebaker-Packard trunk-mounted unit in a 1956 Executive, I hope the photo is of some value to you folks working with such units.

Attach file:

jpg  (105.75 KB)
177_56c0c64e27194.jpg 1280X945 px

jpg  (111.23 KB)
177_56c0c659b0226.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2016/2/14 13:28
 Top  Print 

Re: Visit to Kanter Auto Products
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks for the pic Dave, that looks just like the Packard branded Novi unit that I have.

Posted on: 2016/2/14 18:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Visit to Kanter Auto Products
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Interesting to see the Packard badge on a trunk unit for 1956 which, as pointed out, appears to be a Novi unit. My 1956 A/C was from an Executive sedan and was the factory dash type.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 13:50
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved