Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Coil wires
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
On a positive ground 6 volt system does the positive wire or the negative wire off the coil go to the distributor or does it not mater ? Dave

Posted on: 2016/2/24 14:13
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Re: Coil wires
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On a positive ground car the positive post on coil would go to dist.

The car would run either way but the spark is more efficient when it originates from the hot center terminal of the plug and jumps to ground. If the coil is reversed the spark will have to work harder because it would want to originate at what would be the bent wire colder ground terminal and jump toward the center terminal. The difference in efficiency could be a factor if the car is in marginal condition and needing the best spark it can get.

Posted on: 2016/2/24 14:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Coil wires
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
Howard , Thank you for the reply, that clears my mind, I leally did not understand that before. Thanks Dave

Posted on: 2016/2/24 16:54
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved