Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

need info
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Am working on a project for a friend and it has been slow going due to weather. However one snag is the key switch. Due to my a loss on my manual dexterity I cannot do fine small work so I have a friend of mine do it for me. Last December we had great weather so I had to take the key switch out so I could get keys made for it. Well I got the switch back with the keys. Then the bad weather hit. I am now getting around to try and put the switch back in, but I can't remember where which wire goes to which post Is there a simple way to make this determination or does some one have a wiring diagram or a picture as to how it goes.

Posted on: 2016/4/13 7:06
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Re: need info
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is not a guarantee because lots can happen in 60 years and it varies with accessories but if your 55 is stock:

BAT post should have a larger size red wire from the loom and another short length of a larger size red wire connecting to the cigarette lighter.

IGN terminal should have a single yellow wire from the loom.

START terminal should have a larger brown wire from the loom

ACC terminal will get everything else. What exactly depends on accessories but there should at least be a small red and a dark green from loom and probably one or two other loose wires not part of the loom.

Posted on: 2016/4/13 8:58
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Thanks Howard

ALK

Posted on: 2016/4/13 10:58
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Thanks Howard

ALK

Posted on: 2016/4/13 10:59
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved