Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 10 years
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I'm sure I have one of the clutches you are looking for and probably a steel to go with it, but they are the used ones out of the trans I rebuilt and would need to be relined. I'm sure someone has something better to offer. I'm also not a new contributor, but my offer is out there if it comes to it.

This is probably a horrible idea, but is there potential to add 'contributor' much like forum ambassador etc? I'm assuming forum ambassador means you have been here since the beginning, something I missed by 1.5 years. Or you have some administrative duties on the website as Mal does with the registry.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 12:41
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hank, it doesn't mean it just some that was here from the beginning. It is a status a give people that have gone above and beyond to assist other users here on the website.

Check your status. :)

Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I understand. Thank you for the update, please know I wasn't meaning to solicite such a status, but I appreciate it non the less!

I really just had an idea about how to tell if someone has contributed, but that can open another can of worms I'm sure. sorry I assumed what forum ambassador meant. that was the only thing I could think of.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:15
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Hank, are you trying to be popular in the packard community

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:17
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
There isn't much I wouldn't do for someone in this community. I've never felt more part of a family then I do with the Packard clubs or on this forum.

Flack, BigKev.....sorry I got this thread off track.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:31
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Congratulations on your promotion, does this title come with international immunity? Lol

Ok, now on a more serious note; this site and people on it are like 1 big family. There's a fast amount knowledge available without any bashing! This is the absolute best Packard site. Countless members have helped, commented or advised me on my short packard road so far! The comradery here is second to none! I met several members "live" in Kerrville and a big thanks to O_D who helped me personally when I bought my 38 super 8! It's save to say that I probably wouldn't own this many packards (or maybe none) without PI.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 16:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I just contributed my regular amount plus a little more. The little more was for a manifold gasket set for my 115C given to me by another here in exchange for a contribution to the site.

I hope I have given as much help as I have received.

Thanks Kev.

Happy Birthday!!!

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/4/19 16:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Kev

Thanks for all you've done to create and do to maintain the extensive research resources and the most helpful, knowledgeable and civil automotive forum on-line.

Congratulation on your 10th anniversary! This site is more greatly appreciated on a daily basis than we can adequately express, just know we do.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/4/19 18:06
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Kev

Thanks for creating and maintaining this great resource.

Happy 10th anniversary!

Posted on: 2016/4/19 18:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
If someone needs a rebuilt Borg and Beck early 1940 clutch plate, as pictured in my earlier post on this thread, and if they will donate the value of one to PackardInfo, I will donate the plate to that person. The core would need to be returned to Gary Brinton. BigKev, please, I did not mean for you to attempt to put it in your automatic. Yikes.

Like many other Packard guys, I belong to both Packard clubs and to a regional which I believe all enhance Packard ownership in different ways.

They all have a membership fee for the value they provide, but PackardInfo does not. Yet I see it has equal value in its own way, complementing the publication of magazines and the sponsoring of events.

PackardInfo is immediately available, 24/7, to help find what you need, to learn, and have an occasional laugh (thanks to Gusha and Mal). The depth of Packard content on the site keeps growing. So that's how I rationalize sending $50. It's still a sacrifice. It's not a bill. It's about what I contribute to other Packard communities, but a voluntary membership. And sending $10 once a quarter is probably an even better way to ensure we retain this resource and help keep it on even keel.

I know a lot of Members don't log in every time, but looking at Who's Online, it's usually 1 member to 5 guests some of whom are members. If you are either and haven't chipped in, please take this opportunity to do it and notify the flackmaster via a post on this thread.

I NEED MY HUBCAP! It's like walking around with one sock.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 0:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved