Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
42 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Break out view of the 47 Steering Wheel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Hi well I'm back, after being laid up with a broke leg for the pass four months. I keep breaking bones that are hard to heal, one in my right hand (back in the 90's), outer bone of my left foot (back in the 2000's) and now the right leg (playing Racquetball).
So I figured this would be a good time to work on Blackie, Turn Signal not canceling. Now I've opened up another can of worms. So first off I found out why my horn wasn't working, somebody had cut the horn wire, And while reading on this forum I can see that the Signal Cancel comes up every so often. So there's a lot of good information on this web site.
I figured I would put my talent to work and make a Break out view as I go. plus it helps me remember how to put things back together. So if you ever need it I hope you find it useful.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (171.05 KB)
1003_573b65ea0908f.jpg 1573X1920 px

jpg  (137.76 KB)
1003_573b6687d5d96.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/5/17 13:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Break out view of the 47 Steering Wheel
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Ouch on the first photo and very nice and much better and more detail than what the factory provided on the second. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/5/17 14:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Thanks Howard, first time using the program GIMP, it's a little difficult, but I guess not too bad for my first time. I did notice later that I put the three black spacers in the wrong position so here is the corrected version.

Attach file:

jpg  (138.24 KB)
1003_573c8d6f8d576.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/5/18 10:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
Hi nice steering wheel shot!
I'm in the midst of trying to get a different project 's horn working and it looks very similar with a horn ring,in a 50 desoto ( Chrysler )
There's no pics I can find ,
So the point is to supply ground by pressing on the horn ring
Many you can help me the wire comes up through the colomb
The wheel is held on by a nut and there's a cup that's called a ground cup
The wire is held in place by a button on the end but the thing behind it ,is that an insulator ? Or does the wire have continuity with ground cup?
The spring sits in the cup so it's " hot"
Now it gets tricky
There's a spring retainer ring ,so it's hot
It bolts on to the 3 legged ring but I see insulators noted so I guess this isn't " hot" and it supports the hon ring ,looks like the screws go through the 3leg ring without touching (grounding) it to connect to the horn ring
so where's the circuit made when the ring presses?

Posted on: 2016/6/7 14:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved