Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Packard Swap Meets. Where are they?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is the information on the PI Meet coming up at the end of January.

You have to be a member of PI to Attend the Meet functions, but the Swap Meet is open to the public.

It also appears they have a new chassis judging guide to go along with their excellent engine bay guide.

http://www.packardsinternational.com/pdf//Membership_Meet_Details.pdf

Posted on: 2008/12/12 13:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Instead of just going for the SwapMeet on Sunday, Feb 1st, it looks like I may attend the entire the entire weekend (Fri 30th-Feb 1st). If anyone else is attending please let me know, and I will keep an eye out for you!

Posted on: 2009/1/2 12:55
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Boro
See User information
Pretty sure I'm going just to the Swap Meet on Sunday. Plan to be there when they open. Spend two to three hours there (if it takes that long) then head home. Have a 6 hour drive. :)

Be nice to meet someone from the forum.
I'll have my cell - 425-210-8098

Chuck
52 Packard 300
Arizona City, AZ

Posted on: 2009/1/3 9:45
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Chuck, I will keep an eye out for you. I should be wearing my PackardInfo shirt for easy identification!

Posted on: 2009/1/3 12:32
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I will be around Sat and Sunday morning. Kev, I will look for you at the show Saturday. I can't believe this is less than a month away now.

Jim

Posted on: 2009/1/4 1:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Kev, Am I to understand the swap meet is only on Sunday? Are there a lot of vendors or is it small ( 20 to 30 sellers )? Do you have to submit an event application if you are only going to the swap meet? Thanks

Posted on: 2009/1/4 15:59
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Bob, the SwapMeet is open to the public and is held in the back parking lot of the Hotel. So no forms or fees, unless you are selling. I would say 20-30 vendor booths is pretty normal. Last years was off because of unexpected rain. Most years I only go to the Swap Meet on Sunday and get there when they open at 8am, and usually I have it all done and walked by 10:30am. Early bird gets the worm!

Usually Seattle Packards and Tucson Packards are there with large booths. They bring lots of great interior, and exterior trim and chrome with them. Also lots of smaller used parts dealers. Also most of the major PI Chapters will have a table selling their club projects, they have some nice reproductions. There also should be one of the White Wall tire dealers, and some of the other cross-make vendors as well as the Auto Literature dealers.

It's not a Carlise or Hershey by any mean, but it's all/only Packard. It may have as much Packard stuff as one of the bigger swapmeets, without having to walk as much, or look through all the non-packard stuff. Plus you will some of the smaller west-coast vendors who typically will have more back at there places then they can bring with them to the show, so if you come ask, as they may have the part you need, just not with them. Dan Yocum, should be there, who has lots of trim and parts for 51-56 Packards.

Posted on: 2009/1/4 18:51
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi Big Kev

You better keep an eye out for this Aussie too (or an ear for the accent). I want to especially say g'day and shake your hand for putting together and maintaining this great site.

Thanks Chuck (Boro) for starting this thread and prompting the possibility of making the trip. My business has a quiet Jan - Feb but I didn't get much of a break this time. So when I saw the PI swap, ...well that looked interesting? It will also be our first trip to continental US.

It took a little effort to get Joanne interested in the 13hr flight from Sydney but it is looking like we fly 29th pm and arrive LA 29th am. With the PI meet at the Doubletree Hotel Orange and only 2 miles from Disneyland, that also got 9yo son Daniel real keen. Couldn't get any of his much older sisters out of their work, so it looks like a male dominated team!

After LA, we plan to take a drive that takes in Phoenix, Moab UT, LV, Fresno, SF and down the coast to fly from LA on Feb 12th.

Hope to meet many of you,

Warm regards

Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:18
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Russ,

Glad to hear you are on the way out! I for sure will keep an eye out for you. Look for the mid-30's big/tall guy with the goatee. I should be wearing my PackardInfo.com T-shirt as a signpost!

Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:28
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
"Dan Yocum, should be there, who has lots of trim and parts for 51-56 Packards."

Kev,
When you go to the swap meet and rub elbows with Dan, tell him Bill Steiner from Louisiana sends a hello and his prayers.
You mentioned Dan to me and after contacting him he has been very instrumental in lending me a front spindle, yoke and steering arm for the disc brake project at RPM Engineering in California for my 56 Executive. I couldn't have done this from here in Louisiana without his help.
There are also others that assisted me from California and when I am finished I will enter full project in forums.

Thanks
Bill

Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:56
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved