Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1947 Super Clipper 2103
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
A straight, solid and well preserved Super Clipper. Not a rust hole to be found anywhere. Original paint and some that's been re-sprayed years ago, bumpers and headlight doors rechromed but the rest is in superb and perhaps unbelievable condition. Engine runs whisper quiet, never gets hot, oil pressure stays right at 40 PSI, about 20+ at hot idle. New items include the following;
5 new Silvertown wide whitewall radials and new tubes

New brakes to include all soft lines, shoes, wheel cylinders and master cylinder

New battery (6V), regulator, and complete generator overhaul with NOS armature, new brushes, new oilite bushing and new sealed bearing, regulator adjusted to factory spec for no over charging.

new fuel pump and electric fuel pump, carb rebuilt 600 mies ago with ethanol safe components.

New interior. Before I just stop there, this was done in the correct patterns and proper wool material, stainless trim were polished and look superb, diecast interior hardware in extremely above average condition, new carpets and proper weight headliner, floor sealed and insulated for temp and road noise. Woodgrain is original and shows it's age in places, the dash panel diecast is incredible. It could be cleaned and replace the silver painted area and installed in the finest show car. Yes, it's that nice.

Overall the car presents straight, clean, proud and stately. As to "...what else would it need...", while it's safe and fine as is for the most part I'd put a new harness in it. Some would simply fix, and that can be done too. There's nothing to fear, everything works, it's simply the only thing that the car could use to ensure tens of thousands of worry-free touring. The car was previously in the Harrah's collection and has a certificate to that effect included, as well as 2 advertising art pieces and a reprint parts book. Clear MI title and no paper issues. By the way, yes it has overdrive and it works just exactly as it should with the dash light and kick down also functioning like new. The radio lights up and draws amps but it doesn't play. The 2103 is also recognized as a CCCA classic which may or may not mean something further, just a fact. Anything better would likely be double my asking price of $24,500.00. I'm constantly poking and improving while keeping and eye to it's authenticity and function. The more I do the more firm my price becomes. I'd listen to a partial trade (about 1/2 the asking) for an early pickup truck. 30s-40s Ford, 57-60 Ford, 46- Chevy or 55-9 Chevy. An original runner/driver, even slightly hot rod would be ok. Mrs Highlander wants a truck so...

Pictures in the reply below

Posted on: 2017/2/1 11:19
 Top  Print 

Re: 1947 Super Clipper 2103
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Having a hard time with picture postings. Pictures located here:
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/283223-1947-super-clipper/

If not visible there try here:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1947-packard-super-clipper-price-drop.1036473/

I'll gladly email pics too. email pic requests to, anything not seen please feel free to ask.

highlander809@gmail.com

I'll also accept good ol phone conversation at:

734 637 1421

Posted on: 2017/2/1 11:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Trying a picture again. And it worked, kool. Yes, it's as nice as it looks.

Attach file:

jpg  (159.68 KB)
904_58c324c7dcd59.jpg 1080X608 px

Posted on: 2017/3/10 17:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Had her out twice in the last 4 weeks. Hard to put into words how well this car behaves. Added some fresh premium fuel to boost the Sta-Bil gas that it was stored with. Boy did it ever like that, and that fill-up whistle makes me smile every time. Casually rolled her up to 70 MPH and she just hummed along in O/D like we like em. Still, it's a 40s luxury car that tops 2 tons, and now ppl text and generally don't behave behind the wheel. Evasive maneuvers at that speed don't inspire (!) but it's nice to know you have passing and freeway entrance power on tap.

C'mon, you know you want it. Yes, I'm talking to you, the one who looks in with a measure of desire that borders on lust. It's as good as it looks. Sincere offers welcome.

Posted on: 2017/4/6 11:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
This car is still available. Hard to believe but yes. Had it sold twice, both parties failed to follow through and neither had anything to do with the car or it's merits, condition. I'm open to sincere and realistic offers.

Posted on: 2018/1/5 11:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
She still needs to be adopted. Sincere offers welcomed, you might be surprised. This is a wonderful example and I can't believe I still have it.

I can't seem to edit the original ad, the price has been reduced. Yes, this was in Hemmings last month.

Attach file:

jpg  (241.35 KB)
904_5b69a242c1ff5.jpg 1920X1081 px

Posted on: 2018/8/7 8:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
I've been driving it again the last few days, might go out again today. Whomever is in the market for a Clipper how can you go wrong with this big Super in running order? Anyway, still available, I'm off for a Sunday ride.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 10:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
I'm in the mood to sell! I need the room, I need the time and space for my other personal cars. I really want to see this car go to a lucky new owner. It's pretty, it's got nice "long legs" for hiway cruising and feels oh so comfy about 65 MPH with a lot of gas pedal to spare for passing. The little bit of love it could use is nothing compared to others out there. If I had the time, space and freedom to do as I please I'd never let it go but reality bites.

Once again, this was in the Harrah's collection in Reno, NV. I have a hardcover book about Harrah's and it's listed as number 1067. I have the I.D. sign that it was displayed with and a certificate from the Harrah collection dated 9-30-84 when the car was sold. From there it was in the collection of Mr. Richard Kughn in Detroit where it remained until Nov of 2002. My friend bought it from that owner in 2008. I've known of this car since the 90s and was happy to see it in the hands of my friend. He started the sympathetic service and upgrades but life, time and real estate eventually stopped it. I now have it, finished it to be road worthy and have enjoyed my tenure with her. The condition of the sheet metal and frame rails is so far above average it's almost unbelievable. If one wanted the ultimate show car this one would be the lowest priced restoration, perhaps ever. As a tour car and just simple enthusiastic ownership, well how could it be any better? A senior Packard Clipper with the inimitable 356 and OD, well sorted, and not a single thing to hang one's head in shame about. I'll gladly entertain sincere and realistic offers. You can't go wrong with this one.

highlander809@gmail.com

Attach file:

jpg  (381.76 KB)
904_5bd1f6399e352.jpg 1920X1081 px

Posted on: 2018/10/25 12:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved