Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 125

Todd W. White, ECAnthony, Joe, Mike Chirco, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Craig's Panther Project - Paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Also finished and painted were the side scoops in the body behind the front doors:

Resized Image

To duplicate the side lighting of 55-56 Senior Packards, I fabricated a light enclosure for each side (note the water drain):

Resized Image

Here is the P-side enclosure final mounted. The mounting was somewhat difficult to accomplish because arm & hand access is limited on the rear window inside sheet metal and the rollbar system made maneuvering back there challenging for an adult male.

Resized Image

All the inside and outside edges were sealed with clear silicone sealer. Water and air are not getting past that enclosure.

Some history and more details on my website here:
http://1956packardpanther.com//Panther/custom4.html

Craig

Posted on: 2017/5/19 13:35
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Craig's Panther Project - Paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
This is not really "paint", but you can see the paint on the rear fender so I decided to post it here. The wheels and tires are mounted and 2 of them are on the rear, one shown. The wheels are American Racing "Torque Thrust D" aluminum in 15x7in 5x4-1/2 bolt pattern (Packard Junior and also Mustang among others). The wheels are repops but more or less "period correct" being initially marketed in the early 1960s.

The tires are Hankook Optimo H724 225/70-R15 100T which are good at high speed quiet cruising, acceptable handling and high mileage (70,000mi manufacturer warranty).

Resized Image

There is essentially no load on the chassis right now (except for the body), so the fenderwell is higher than it will be when everything is installed.

Posted on: 2017/5/20 14:48
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved