Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 86

Charles, 29tons, 37Blanche, Eric Voigt, Pipesargent, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Waking up a 39 Coupe after 47 years
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You would have a lot to change in going from 11 inch brakes to the 12s used in the 120. Almost a parts car worth. The manual brakes work pretty well and with an adapter plate and some plumbing a dual circuit master could be installed.

There is a poster on the forum who has added what appears to be a modern Hydrovac type unit to his late 30s car. Something like that would not be too difficult and might give a bit more stopping power. Downside to the Hydrovac would be it would still have the single circuit master. I don't know of any Hydrovacs available with dual circuit masters and don't think a modern vacuum booster with dual master attached would fit in the space.

Posted on: 2017/3/5 23:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Waking up a 39 Coupe after 47 years
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

boothguy
See User information
Yes the mountain has been here a long time and I have been running Fire and Rescue calls with the local VFD for a long time, 30yrs, and have been on several accident scenes involving runaway trucks, We had a driver of a Power company truck killed a couple years ago. When I started in the Fire company we had a donated 49 La france open cab engine with straight cut gears and I've had a couple thrill rides down the mountain at 80plus mph when the driver missed a shift. We used to do a lot of things years ago- some I'd like to relive, others not so much. I have a 32 Essex with mechanical brakes and I've driven it down the mountain- twice- I still have it but it lives in a friends garage down in the flats.

Posted on: 2017/3/6 0:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved