Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Body Panels
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

DougPack50
See User information
Can anyone recommend a good place to get good sheetmetal for my 50 Packard. I need rear fenders, panel between the rear fenders, and a trunk floor. The floors and rockers are available on Ebay, but the other parts are not. I guess my Packard spent a few years up north. The frame is solid. Any help is great appreciated.

Doug

Posted on: 2008/12/7 19:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Body Panels
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That same company that makes the Packard rockers on ebay will custom make any part for you as long as you can send them a pattern. Some they have a pattern, then they can offer the same part to other people. They already have rear quarters and floor pans.

That being said, the other other source is to cut the parts out of donor car, or have them custom made or patched.

Posted on: 2008/12/7 21:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
I found this site mentioned on another forum topic. I don't know if it is the same place Big Kev is refering to, Classic 2 Current. It looks like they have what your looking for.

http://c2cfabrication.com/

Posted on: 2008/12/7 22:10
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Michael Smith
See User information
There was another body panel producer from Texas[?] I think,but I can't find where I saw it. Maybe someone knows it?

Posted on: 2008/12/7 23:40
Michael 47clipper"6" good luck rather than good management!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I purchased a set of front floor pans for my 49 convertible from Classic 2 Current. If you are worried about exact duplicates of the original they are not. The body mounting locations are not shaped correctly and the depressed areas for stiffening are way too narrow and therefore do not look original. That said, the metal is good quality and the correct thickness. The panels look like they will give good service and are at least formed in the general shape you will need.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 0:38
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

DougPack50
See User information
Hey thanks Guys I will look into all these sources. My Packard is a bit rusty in the rear section, but I want to save her. She's survived 58 years in good running shape, I will bring her body back to pristine condition. After all, she's a Packard.

Doug

Posted on: 2008/12/10 23:39
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi Doug

Even though I am a long way away in Australia, I got some rocker panels for my 56 shipped from the States. They came from Mike Dulinski. His address is 5590 Howard Gnesen Rd, Duluth Mn 55803 Phone 218-721-4631.

Mike was extremely helpful, knows Packards real well and is also a member on this site under 440PACSLER.

I initially considered some of the panels on e-bay, but would now ring Mike first to get his opinion on any panels before looking elsewhere.

I trust you have a similar, helpful experience.

Best regards

Posted on: 2008/12/11 8:34
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Classic2CurrentFabrication
See User information
I am the owner of Classic 2 Current Fabrication, and we do currently manufacture the front and rear floor pans as well as the inner and outer rocker panels for the 1948-50 Packard. The gentleman who stated above that the body moldings did not line up on his convertible was correct about much of what he stated. We're learning much about these as we go along because we were originally provided with a fiberglass template that was molded from the coupe. When installing these into the sedan, the rear floor pan only covers as far as to where the passenger's in the back would place there feet (about a 15inch gap from there to the trunk). Because the convertibles have a cross beam behind the front seats, some trimming is required when installing these onto that. These are also interchangeable for the 1941-47 Packard Clipper, also with some trimming required. Once unique thing about being located outside of Detroit is that we actually have a very good friend of the original Packard proven grounds driver working with us to figure out all of the makes and models that our panels fit and what work is required when installing these. We currently have the trunk floor pan for the 1948-50 into production, but we're waiting on pictures of the trunk so we are able to finish this project and make these available to the public.

Michael Laiacono
Classic 2 Current Fabrication LLC
www.c2cfabrication.com

Posted on: 2008/12/19 11:20
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Michael,

Thanks for providing us all some feedback. I think it's great when vendors are able to come in here and communicate with us directly. We appreciate your company's work as replacement sheetmetal for our Packards has been something that has been missing in the resto/aftermarket space for a long time.

I am curious if you folks are going to offer smaller replacement "patch" panels? For example on my '54 Clipper Deluxe Sedan, I need to replace the doglegs behind the rear doors, and also the corner of the rear quarter directly on the other side of the wheel arch. I just dont want to have to cut out the entire quarter as the rest of it is in good shape. So perhaps small patch panel for the most rust prone area. Basically they are just smaller pieces of the larger panels you produce today.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/12/19 12:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Michael, thank you for coming on site and posting here. Vendors are certainly welcome on this site and we are glad to have you. I hope other vendors of any Packard parts follow your example.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 13:07
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved