Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 118

Packard Don, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1954 Packard Pacific mooulding
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Carl Hamilton
See User information
I'm at the phase of restoration installing chrome and stainless molding on this car and I am lost at installing the stainless molding on the rear and front glass. Please help. Carl

Posted on: 2017/5/9 11:40
 Top  Print 

Re: 1954 Packard Pacific mooulding
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check out the 51-4 service manual. In the body section starting on page 41 is the instructions for 26th series windshield replacement. I believe the Pacific is the same and the moldings are covered starting a page or so in after the windshield is in place. Basically the molding flanges have to be worked into some grooves in the rubber. The top corner pieces are held by a stud from the inside and the bottom pieces are held by the wiper pivots plus studs and clips with more nuts on the inside.

It has been too many years since I did my Pacific but do believe the rear glass also has the molding held in grooves in the rubber across the top and sides. I think the top and side molding is in two continuous curved pieces. I cannot remember if the center covering piece just clips over the top pieces or if it also has a stud thru the rubber. Believe the bottom is a continuation of the belt molding plus a center section with the joints covered by finish pieces. IIRC, it is all held with studs thru the body or weatherstrip with nuts on the inside. There are some instructions in the body section on rear windows and except for the shape of the glass I believe the procedure will be very similar for that given on the one piece glass install..

Posted on: 2017/5/9 12:48
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 1954 Packard Pacific mooulding
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Carl Hamilton
See User information
Thanks for you insight, I did not remove the moldings at start of the restoration , that's why I was so in the dark until you provided this help. Carl

Posted on: 2017/5/9 14:15
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved