Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 76

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Seventh Series Radiator Thermostat Adjustment
Just popping in
Just popping in

LemuelGulliver
See User information
Hello!

I've got a couple of questions regarding some minor mechanical problems, but for the sake of the forum archives (say, someone looking for the answer to a particular problem) I'm going to start two separate topics.

I've been working on a 726, getting it back into roadworthy condition after some lengthy time garaged. One particular problem the car has had for decades is that the thermostat for the radiator isn't properly adjusted, and the shutters open too late, causing the car to overheat. The solution which my grandfather has always used was to simply prop the shutters open with sticks, which works well enough, but I'd like to get the car back to full functionality. The problem is, as I understand it, that the thermostat is buried under the radiator shell, and to get at it the hood and shell has to come off completely. That's something of a pain in the butt, so before I do any of that kind of work I figure that I should ask here and find out if anybody has any advice for adjusting the thermostat. Is there a way to adjust it and check its adjustment without having to take the front end of the car apart over and over again?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2017/6/5 20:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved