Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 133

Tobs, Jack Vines, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1939 Packard 120 touring sedan carpeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
and 1292 is a 120 touring sedan

Posted on: 2017/7/12 14:33
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
So you think the black printing is just gone from this then Owen?

Posted on: 2017/7/12 15:01
"I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs." - the inimitable Mr. Benny
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sure, the black paint is just worn or polished away, very commonly observed.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 15:19
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
Fair enough, thank you. I wonder if there is a restoration process for this so as to not lose the original stamping. I'll have to noodle this over once I figure out the carpeting.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 15:59
"I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs." - the inimitable Mr. Benny
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Regarding the question as to what the original floor treatment was for a 6 or 120, I usually use the Part Manual (as Fred states), Salesman Guide, Sales Brochure and Accessory Catalog. However, I have also found errors and conflicts within any one of them and when comparing them. I am no expert and know well that even Packard had screw ups in its documentation.

Having just looked through the latter three, I found that Page 93 of the Salesman Guide agrees with Fred's statement that the front floor treatment was insulation and jute backed rubber and the rear compartment was carpet, but it does not state which type.

Regarding a floormat source that achieves the original, I believe Donald Lampen is reproducing them. Address is 578 E. 64th. Holland, Mi. 49423 (cell) 616-796-4429, donaldlampen@yahoo.com.

If they are anything like his running board work, they will be beautiful, but be willing to pay for the tooling cost portion of the overall cost.

Attach file:

jpg  (163.42 KB)
1898_59691ab024195.jpg 1187X895 px

Posted on: 2017/7/14 14:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
The parts book which is highly accurate lists the rear carpet a wool. There should be no question of that.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 14:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
In digitizing the parts books I see the data far more intimately than even the large dealers and I don't know about the prewar parts book but the 1948-1954 parts book is definately not highly accurate! Accurate enough certainly but there are many errors too so one has to use their own knowledge and common sense when using it.

As for the question here, I can say only that my 1939 Six had the same material in the front that it had in the rear but perhaps it was dealer-installed. Does that make it not authentic? I don't believe so.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 14:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
Thanks for the information everyone. Since my car is nicely optioned I really don't want to put down a rubber mat or the hogshair carpet that appears to be "correct". I'm going to go with a nice wool carpet throughout in a tan / light brown color when I get to it.

As for the data plate, I'm working with a local printer on a process to restore the original graphics while leaving the existing stamping in place. If it works out, I'll have more information for the forum on it.

Thanks again,
Zach

Posted on: 2017/7/18 9:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Enjoy your Deeeluxe Packard

Posted on: 2017/7/18 11:22
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
Thanks Fred, I will.

Posted on: 2017/7/18 13:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved