Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

51Pack200, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wanted - Wiper Blades for a '41 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The '41's close to being back on the road but first I need some wiper blades. Don't have any blades at all, but here are a few pic's of the wiper arms and the arm mounting point for the blade. Anyone have some or can direct me to where I can get some?

Attach file:

jpg  (24.22 KB)
226_494f584d2931c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (18.62 KB)
226_494f585a7a19b.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (14.82 KB)
226_494f586690272.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2008/12/22 4:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: Wanted - Wiper Blades for a '41 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ficken Wiper Service, www.wiperman.com. Blades for nearly all years and models are relatively easy, it's the arms for some models that can be a real challenge.

Posted on: 2008/12/22 9:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Owen_Dyneto wrote: Ficken Wiper Service, www.wiperman.com. Blades for nearly all years and models are relatively easy, it's the arms for some models that can be a real challenge.

Dave,

Gave Ficken a call but no wiper blades for a '41. Reason being, '41's had electric wipers and the blades for them are different from everything else. The guy there said he hasn't seen a decent '41 blade in a couple of years!

Anybody? Wiper blades for a '41 or know where to get them?

Posted on: 2008/12/22 13:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry to hear that I gave you a bum steer. Don't know if it will help but I'll check my Trico master catalog and see if I have at least an original vendor part number. If I find it, I'll post it here later.

PS - went thru my prewar Trico master catalog, data all the way back to the Visionall and Folberth; the only model Packards with no data are those with electric wipers. The only tidbit that might be helpful since the windshield size is the same is the blade info for the seniors, 11 inch, original Trico # P-778-41-C.

Posted on: 2008/12/22 14:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Found them on eBay.

Attach file:

jpg  (12.80 KB)
226_495996fbe9fb6.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2008/12/29 22:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Hi Mal,

I have a few Trico catalogs. The 1946 edition shows number U-778 11" long for 1941 models with electric wipers but these are for saddle type arms which are different than the ones in your picture.The 1953 edition still shows the U-778 as well as TAU-11. the TAU-11 is a universal 11 inch replacement blade that will fit 4 different arm types including the ones that you have. The Anco blades that you bought have the same universal mounting setup as the Trico but it looks like they are 12 inch which may be too long for your windshield. The TAU-11 blades have a wide range of applications and should be quite easy to find.

Posted on: 2008/12/29 23:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BDeB wrote:.......The Anco blades that you bought have the same universal mounting setup as the Trico but it looks like they are 12 inch which may be too long for your windshield. The TAU-11 blades have a wide range of applications and should be quite easy to find.

G'day BDeB,

Thanks for the info, the description in eBay included the following so I'm hopeful they'll fit. "This is a new old stock pair of Atlas brand and part number 11-12 TA replacment wiper blades (these replace Trico number TAU 11 and TAU 12). These are the type that have a slide attachment where the arm connects so that you can use this 12" blade for both 11 and 12 inch applications with flat windshields. These fit the following;.......Packard 1941-50 all;.........This is the type with the polished stainless steel frames (not the dull brushed finish) and the rubber inserts have the bumps. Parts are new never used and in excellent condition. These fit arms with the hook or pin type on the end as is and also fits the ones with the saddle type with adaptors that are not included. If not certain, I can email a close up of the attaching area." The seller did email some pic's of the attaching hook and it looks like it will fit. All will be revealed when they arrive in 10/14 days time(I hope).

Posted on: 2008/12/30 0:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved