Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 227

BigKev, 32model901, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: What would a traditional Packard "Senior" have looked like in 1951?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mahoning63
See User information
Comments greatly appreciated, Steve et al. So fortunate to have a group of passionate folks who know there are no right or wrong comments, only thought-provoking ones. As can be seen from where my proposal started to where I am now, you guys have had no small influence.

The '61 Cadillac short deck was a throwback to the 1958 and earlier short deck 62 sedans of similar ~215 inch length. The year 1958 is when Cadillac made the big change, really a violation of its 4 door policy since 1948 of giving 60 Special a long deck and rear overhang exclusively. 1958 was the intro of Series 62 long deck 4D that was same length as 60 Special despite 3.5 inch shorter wheelbase. Which means it had a 3.5 inch longer rear overhang than the 60 Special. Perhaps because of this in addition to the recession, 60S took an especially hard sales hit. For 1959 all Cadillac coupes and sedans shared the same wheelbase and length.

Great suggestion for a padded dash, could have simply been an overlay on the metal and tying in with the door trim. Wonder if this rough work-up will help get the IP out of the weeds with Rusty.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.02 KB)
2060_59adc3db13535.jpg 541X405 px

Posted on: 2017/9/4 16:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved