Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pebble Beach Online
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The Enthusiast Network (TEN) will be streaming the awards ceremony on their website starting at 2PM PDT. You can get the info on the concours website. A nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. JWL

Posted on: 2017/8/20 10:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Re: Pebble Beach Online
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Unfortunately, the streaming ran into technical problems after the first hour. All was not lost, though. I noticed that the 2016 event was available and watched that one. Maybe the 2017 event will be made available and we can watch it later. Many nice Packards or "Pack Hards", as one of the commentators pronounced the name, were shown and they won many class and/or special awards. I picked the 2016 best of show winner, going against the experts choices. Good effort on Pebble Beach organizers part to expand the audience. JWL

Posted on: 2017/8/21 10:30
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I had the pleasure of watching the restoration of the Best of Show winner over several visits the last year or so at Automotive Restorations in New Jersey. I last saw it one week before it was due to leave for the West Coast, nearly done but still dozens of details left and a fury of activity around it. Obviously it all did get one on time!

Posted on: 2017/8/21 11:00
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2017/8/21 18:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm a little disappointed with the look of the 32 Packard twin six. The look from the side is like looking at a straight piece of sheet metal from front to back. Maybe it looks better with the top up? There's no break from the front to the back. Is it the way the picture got taken maybe?

Posted on: 2017/8/22 9:50
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Take a look at any '32 - '34 w/o sidemounts and they will look very similar in that regard. Note that the first car pictured below is the same as the Pebble car (could it even be the same car?), a 1932 Twin Six Dietrich Victoria - does it look better to you with the top up? Photo from a different angle? With different colors?

Attach file:

jpg  (38.96 KB)
177_599c708da0e35.jpg 576X373 px

jpg  (65.96 KB)
177_599c70abe2a56.jpg 912X511 px

Posted on: 2017/8/22 12:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Here's the pebble beach car. Maybe it's the color?

Attach file:

jpg  (345.83 KB)
5061_599c837ae9cce.jpg 1920X1284 px

Posted on: 2017/8/22 14:18
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i agree with BDC, i think its the color and the lack of a two tone. The pinstripe isn't as prominent either.

i too thought this pebble beach car was a bit bland and 2d.

Posted on: 2017/8/22 15:12
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi BDC

"I'm a little disappointed with the look of the 32 Packard twin six. The look from the side is like looking at a straight piece of sheet metal from front to back."

What seems disappointing about is seen because of the lack of side-mounts revealing the amount of offset of the hood sides in relation to the body surface at the door. In the case of the '32-'33 Dietrich bodies, which also have dramatically dropped coach sills and greater width, before the full-length over-the-cowl hood, it relationship is visually jarring. This situation is seen on a any number of coachbuilt European cars of similar configuration. A high view illustrates this best.

Once the full-length hood was nicely integrated into the 11th Series bodies, the design comes into its full flowering.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (65.73 KB)
409_599cb3d2a7704.jpg 1024X637 px

Posted on: 2017/8/22 17:47
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved