Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Unleaded gas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

jt34
See User information
Do any of you guys put a lead additive into your gas on these pre war engines even after they have been overhauled.

Posted on: 2017/11/6 19:54
 Top  Print 

Re: Unleaded gas
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't.

Posted on: 2017/11/6 20:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I don't.

Posted on: 2017/11/6 21:02
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Me either

Posted on: 2017/11/6 21:32
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
I don't

Posted on: 2017/11/7 5:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Nope, never used a lead additive.

I try to avoid fuel that has been diluted with ethanol. Don't mind it so much during the summer driving season. But for winter storage I use up as much fuel as I can, then make certain that I fill up with real gasoline and add a fuel stabilizer such as Startron.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 8:35
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...It is a beautiful morning in Arizona, just slightly cool. I don't use any lead either, however I do run Marvel Mystery Oil in the gasoline. Miss Prudence seems to like it. Many of us in the desert feel that a bit of it in the gas helps in hot weather. Many of you are talking about putting your Packards to bed for the winter and here we are now driving them as much as we can. Ernie

Posted on: 2017/11/7 10:39
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Me too with the Marvel Mystery Oil, when I was on the airfield during an airshow and they were adding Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel in a P51 Mustang, that was enough for me
I was told that they did not start adding lead to fuel till after WW2, could be wrong
good luck
W

Posted on: 2017/11/7 11:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I was told that they did not start adding lead to fuel till after WW2, could be wrong

Perhaps you misheard, it was after WW1 (about 1923).

Posted on: 2017/11/7 12:33
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Richard Sturdy
See User information
Here in England I have been using Millers Lead Replacement Additive in the fuel for my 1922 Packard which has just had the engine completely rebuilt. It is probably completely unnecessary, but I spent so much money on having the engine made like new again that I guess that I have been taking the "belt and braces" approach during the first season since the rebuild. I think that tetraethyl lead was first used in petrol here in the late 1920s or early 1930s, so I'm sure that my Packard engine was not designed for leaded fuel. However, it was certainly NOT designed for fuel with ethanol added, as is the case with the junk which we buy at fuel stations nowadays, so who knows what is the best policy regarding additive?

Posted on: 2017/11/8 5:24
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved