Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Packard Parts List
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think I see what Brian mentions.

On initial selection of a category, the thumbnail pages appear with various plate number and the summaries pertaining to the pages shown on the left.. When clicking on any plate number and summary to expand the thumbnail plate that part works to bring up the expanded plate page and group numbers.

On the group number pages is where I think the extra image may start. In any category when you click on the particular group number to bring up the part numbers, plate 20A seems to appear full size above the lists of part numbers in several different categories.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 16:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I found the issue. It's now fixed. Just a typo in a parameter being passed when the Group Number was being clicked as opposed to the Group Name.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 16:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Yep seems to be good. The image that shows above the parts list now is the proper plate for the group number selected rather than always 20A.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 16:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Man, I can't wait to see plates for the 1941 - 1947, that looks great!
Wes

Posted on: 2017/12/5 17:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Not so sure on that last fix.

I didn't notice whether the corresponding image was correct for the parts listing, but that the programming only took me to the top of the page, rather than the top of the table containing the parts listing. It does not appear to be corrected.

I used anchors a bit in the old days of hand-coded HTML and understand that syntax is as much an issue as placement, in addition to subsequent brands, versions and platforms, but not familiar with the implementation in today's world.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 11:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am not sure I'm seeing the same as you or maybe not understanding what you are seeing or on which page.

On Safari when I select a category the thumbnail page opens. Selecting a plate opens another page with the selected plate on top and the group numbers list below. That page does open with a large header space at the top so the plate is about halfway visible and no group numbers in sight. Depending on the length of group numbers it can take a bit of scroll to see all of them so possibly that is the page you are concerned about not seeing the group numbers immediately??.

After that, selecting a group number opens another page and on my browser it opens halfway or lower with the large blue line identifying the group number. Part numbers are front and center but you can scroll up to see the entire plate if you want. I tried several categories and they all work the same way.

This is what I see opening at first click with no scrolling. If you are seeing different maybe you could take a screen shot to show what you are concerned about.

Attach file:

jpg  (214.01 KB)
209_5a281f99152a4.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (232.70 KB)
209_5a281fa7d99d4.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2017/12/6 11:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
What Howard is seeing is correct as I have verified on Chrome (OSX/WIN), Safari (OSX), and IE (WIN 8.1).

The first page with the full-size plate which shows the Plate Groups should be "viewplate.php"

When you select a group, it should the show the parts group page which should be "viewgroup.php". The plate should be on top, but the page should jump down to the top of the Part Listing for the group selected.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 12:46
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I added some info to the header on each page, so now it will either say:

1955-1956 - Plate XX - Group Details

or

1955-1956 - Plate XX - Group X.XXX Parts Detail

Depending on which page you are on.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 13:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1948-1954 Part Plates are now available. But the group and part data have not been scanned/OCR'd yet as my sheet-feed scanner died on me. A new scanner should be here tomorrow and then I will continue. I have to rescan all the Parts Lists at a much higher quality to get decent OCR results. So cant reuse what is already scanned.

But at least for now, it makes those Part Plates available and easier to find.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 13:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1941-1947 Part Plates have been added, but only the Plate Images at this point, like the 1948-1954 ones. Once I have all the data scanned and OCR'd. Then it will work like the 1955-1956 ones.

But even in this incomplete form, this still makes the plates easier to navigate.

The Parts Lists prior to 1948 do not use a "Plate Number" nomenclature like the later ones do. So we are just using an internal ID number to make everything work.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 16:41
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved