Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Treadle Vac repair
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
White Post has acquired Ed Strain's business, but not Ed. The Price for a '55 Packard rebuild is $445 plus return shipping. That is almost $200 more than I paid several years ago. Turn around time is 2 to 3 weeks.

Is that the going rate? Is there any other RELIABLE rebuilder? There have been several complaints about White Post but I cannot locate them at the moment. Have they cleaned up their act?

Thanks,
Bernardi

Posted on: 2017/11/27 17:13
 Top  Print 

Re: Treadle Vac repair
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There have been a few complaints about White Post's BTV rebuilding. I would suggest getting in touch with Ross who posts here on the forum or else have Kanter do the rebuild. No idea on their current prices.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 17:20
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
We have 4 in stock and ready to go. The price is $395 for a BTV and they are exchange only. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2017/11/28 15:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
FWIW, in the past year I have purchased and installed two BTV units, one from KAP and the other from MM. Both are working well and I am pleased with both. Similarly priced with a $200 core charge. One of my units was nearly concours quality in the external finishing so I almost hated to install it in a hidden position under the car (but I cannot remember where that beauty came from). The other unit was probably more authentic with a typical mass production look with orange peel and roughness in the paint.

Since both of my units were destined for a late production 1956 cars, I requested that my new units be replaced by a similar late production aluminum master cylinder to keep the cars authentic.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 16:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT SEND THAT UNIT TO WHITE POST!!!!!!!!!!! Send it to Ross Miller in Parkton Md. I made the HUGE mistake of getting hooked by their lifetime warranty. When Ross rebuilt the unit properly he uncovered three MAJOR problems with their rebuild job. If you want to know the three problems with the unit I can look it up for you but do not get it rebuilt there!

Posted on: 2017/12/7 4:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
I'm very curious, could you please look it up?
Thanks in advance.
Tom

Posted on: 2017/12/7 9:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Ross.

Is getting my ed strain rebuild..that tv. I would lose pedal..

The tv..I rebuilt Ross found nothing wrong..I had hard pedal..but had to keep pushing on pedal at a stop. Not your normal push..

Posted on: 2017/12/7 11:06
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Riki. Are you still having BTV problems after 2 attempts at at rebuilding it????

Posted on: 2017/12/7 12:41
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
V 8..

Have not got car on road yet..close...too windy today to add oil..

Next week hope to be the road.

I have firm pedal..have not bleed system yet...

Ross rebuild...full faith in Ross..

Posted on: 2017/12/8 0:12
Riki
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Riki wrote:

Quote:
The tv..I rebuilt Ross found nothing wrong..I had hard pedal..but had to keep pushing on pedal at a stop. Not your normal push..

Wonder if you might have sticking wheel cylinder(s) or partially collapsed brake hose(s).

Posted on: 2017/12/8 8:14
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved