Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

49 deluxe 8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
purchased 49 deluxe 8 on 12-16-17.found the car thru a friend of a friend.i made apt to look at it and a week later made an offer on it.The seller decided to take my offer after a week of thinking about it.I went to his house and we got the car running and adjusted the clutch.He said it hadn't moved in two years.It cranked up good and ran good.Had to flush fuel system and install new fuel pump.On the day I took it home the owner and I decided that the car would b ok to drive home which was about 50 miles away.I took off in it and it drove great but pulled to the left and the left brake was hang n up.I swear I felt like I was stepping back in time driving it.It was awsumm!Made it home with no issues!car is way cool but does have some isuues!cleaning undercarriage and getting ready to check brakes soon..will update!..yall have a great day!!

Posted on: 2017/12/28 10:35
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print 

Re: 49 deluxe 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Congratulations! But not to take you away from this fine web site, here is a link to a good starting place for your new car, thanks to Dave Czirr.
http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=859
Wes

Posted on: 2017/12/28 11:06
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
Thanks..will do

Posted on: 2017/12/28 13:27
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Dan,

Will be following along, like many others, as you progress. Photos are always appreciated and a good way to illustrate what you're doing.

Posted on: 2017/12/28 16:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan kimbro
See User information
ok..have been cleaning on the frame.its looking pretty good.i cant believe the amount of buildup ive gotten off of it.Basicly just gonna clean and scotch bright areas i can get to easily.So far have found no major problems with the frame or front end components.moving to brakes and drive train service after that.

Posted on: 2018/1/10 11:53
1949 deluxe 8
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved